Bears request permission to interview Saints Assistant GM Jeff Ireland (1 Viewer)

no-nope.gif

I think their fans may raise heck after Pace.

Does granting permission to interview mean that Ireland can accept if the Bears offer him the position or would the Saints still need to agree to let him go?

Maybe this is a "spite" interview acceptance, maybe he'll go there and laugh in their faces about their fantasies of landing CSP.

Maybe he shows up with a large box containing a severed bear head or something

Or a sign that says "Finishing what Ryan Pace started."

Last edited:
Or a sing that says "Finishing what Ryan Pace started."
IKR

I don't like what Chi is trying to do...they're treating us like we're their damn farm franchise, they poached Pace, it didn't work, now they're reaching back in the well for Ireland in hopes of snagging Payton too...to hell with the Bears.

Can we just dress Ryan pace in a Jeff Ireland disguise and send him back?
swap them out, Ireland goes to Chicago and Pace comes back to the Saints and Loomis ask Pace...."no what did you leaarn" as Pace settles back into his assistant GM role.

Does granting permission to interview mean that Ireland can accept if the Bears offer him the position or would the Saints still need to agree to let him go?

I think they more or less have to let him interview/go if the position is a higher position than the one he has here. But, I'm hopeful that even an interview doesn't mean his is gone. I mean, they managed to get Ryan Nielson back last year even after he agreed to be D-Coordinator at LSU.

But, I do think this will either force the Saints to promote Ireland to GM with Loomis becoming President of Football Operations or something like that. Or, letting Ireland go. I hope Ireland doesn't go and he has done a great job overall in the draft, but it's not a disaster if he does go. We still have Payton, Loomis, and the Scouts. And, sometimes brining in another guy with a fresh set of eyes helps in player evaluation. I think that was part of Ireland's early success. With his fresh eyes coming from the outside, he could probably see why we were making some of the mistakes we made in the past in player evaluation.

It's going to take allot more than Jeff Ireland to build back up the Chicago Bears. That organization needs new coaches and a complete overhaul of their system.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom