Bears request permission to interview Saints Assistant GM Jeff Ireland (1 Viewer)

My only problem is Ireland would probably hire DA as coach. Da Bears doing a double poach.

They'd be crying to come home before the first frosty winter is out.

I think I’d be more comfortable in losing DA, even with the defensive turn around, than losing Ireland. It appears CSP has Nielsen waiting to be DC. Hopefully, that means CSP trusts him like he does DA.

Ireland on WWL. It definitely sounds like he wants that job. He has a zoom interview and if he makes it to the second round they’ll bring him in.

Tell them no.

Seriously, I know we won't do that. But, I would like to see if maybe we can move Loomis up to a higher role and give Ireland the GM job. Then maybe bring Pace back as head of Pro Player Personnel. I know he sucked in the draft at Chicago, but Pace was good as head of Pro Player Personnel with us and having Ireland, Loomis, and effectively Payton over him in personnel decision would help. And Pace was actually pretty good as far as singing NFL free agents in Chicago. He certainly was right about Hicks.
Pace was terrible at the draft in Chicago and Hicks is/was a known locker room problem.

Jeff is not getting the Bears job; he won’t even get a second interview.

Hoss said he already had the zoom interview and he was going in for a second interview. Hopefully he’s wrong but he said that about an hour ago.

The more I read about his childhood ties to the Bears, I think he is gone. Of course, the Bears could still screw it up.

Jeff is not getting the Bears job; he won’t even get a second interview.
I don’t know if he is getting the job.

But if I was Ireland, I would be cautious. The bears are already having several interviews for head coaching position. If I will be the new GM, I want to make that decision myself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom