Bears sign Ted Ginn Jr. to 1 year deal (1 Viewer)

Best of luck to Ginn. Good guy.

Unless somebody just stands out, I bet we opt for size for the 5th WR. If you have Cook and Taysom on the field at the same time and you have to worry about Kamara and Thomas, there's going to be some mismatches, at least with some of our opponents, if we stick a 6'4 guy in the slot.

I’m surprised that they didn’t just re-sign Taylor Gabriel...

What was the overall reason that Emanuel Butler didn't make the team?

Was it a scheme fit or did they think he wouldn't be able to gel with MT also on the field? That was confusing to me. I can't question it though because no one snatched him off the practice squad, so obviously there's something that teams don't like about his game.

He only learned Thomas’ position last year and Thomas never got hurt.

And to answer the original question on the 5th WR spot. I’d have to pick Emmanuel Butler as the obvious choice. Tommy Stevens as the contrarian choice lol.

So this opens up a WR spot.
Locks are MT, ES, TQS, DH.

Who gets the fifth spot?

These are all of our receivers
D7EE63EC-C04C-4255-981E-AA02B9A266B5.png

Hogan as the 5th WR since he’s an asset on ST and a solid blocking WR with a lot of gameday exp now. And the 6th is battled out by Butler, Humphrey, Calloway and Juwan Johnson

I think we’ll end up carrying 6 WRs for injury insurance in case Sanders and Smith get hurt again.

Yep good job lol. I think Callaway could challenge for a spot. If not, I know Hogan was used a lot last season as a blocker and SP loves his blocking WRs
The problem I see with Callaway is that he is a one trick pony as far as route running is concerned. There is going to be extremely little time in TC to teach route running.

Hogan as the 5th WR since he’s an asset on ST and a solid blocking WR with a lot of gameday exp now. And the 6th is battled out by Butler, Humphrey, Calloway and Juwan Johnson

I think we’ll end up carrying 6 WRs for injury insurance in case Sanders and Smith get hurt again.

After reading Juwan Johnson’s profile, I think he may actually get it. He’s borderline Tight End in size and one of his strengths is blocking. We always reserve that last spot for a blocker

Hogan should have the inside track due to his versatility. Someone has to really impress to earn a roster spot. That likely means that someone must be ready to contribute from day 1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom