Beef Jerky (1 Viewer)

Druss

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Ever made your beef jerky way to hot but still so good you cant stop eating it? My mouth is freak'in on fire! I think I need another piece.

That hickory smoked Oberto jerky is addicting. For some reason everytime i feel the urge to go back into chewing tabacco...i'll grab a few of those big bags and my urge goes away..go figure.

There's a place in Tx called Robertson's Ham. I love their beef jerky. Not as hot as I would like it though. But yes, I do know what you mean about not being able to stop. My uncle makes venison jerky that is like eating a hot coal, but you can't stop. mmm...jerky.

Robertson's Ham is just about the only reason I lived along the I35 corridor as long as I did. My grandparents live in Mexia near Waco and Robertson's has been a family stop since I was 5. I bet I've eaten over 500 of their ham sandwiches in my lifetime. My heart should be exploding soon.

I just made some homemade flank steak jerky using a fan and 4 cellulose air-conditioning filters. I didn't have a dehydrator and happened to catch an episode of Good Eats on the Food Network where Alton Brown constructed another of his McGuyver-esque contraptions to circumvent the problem. They turned out pretty amazing although I won't be using the filters for their original use anymore.

Oh yes, Robertson's. sigh. I hit the one on 20 east on my way home a few times a year. But I am familiar with the one on 35. It makes a traffic jam north bearable.

I love that episode of Good Eats. I was wondering if that actually worked! Sounded so far fetched. Tie downs, air filters, bricks and jerky? Huh?
Good to know it works!

Oh yes, Robertson's. sigh. I hit the one on 20 east on my way home a few times a year. But I am familiar with the one on 35. It makes a traffic jam north bearable.

I love that episode of Good Eats. I was wondering if that actually worked! Sounded so far fetched. Tie downs, air filters, bricks and jerky? Huh?
Good to know it works!

Robertsons beef jerkey is now in every Loves truck stop in America. There is one right outside of Baton Rouge, in Lobdell that has it. I buy it for gifts. If you are a beef jerkey guy, I am a nut, let me list the top 5 places to get beef jerkey in Louisiana.

5. Daves Meats in New Iberia
4. Best Stop in Ossun
3. Any Loves Truck Stop in the state
2. Dons Country Corner in Lafayette and Carencro
1. Bourgeois's in Shriver - Between Thibodaux and Houma

Reason #2 to rent an RV and drive across America. I can now enjoy Robertson's beef jerky in Love's Travel stops.

Another really good beef jerkey house is Lagrange Smokehouse in Lagrange Texas. Its in between Houston and Austin. Visit the following website to try some..

Jerky

Dang,Id like to try some of that,I am partial to Trail's Best Kippered Beef Steak stix!
Moist n tender and delicious!
Goes great with a cold beer!

Dang,Id like to try some of that,I am partial to Trail's Best Kippered Beef Steak stix!
Moist n tender and delicious!
Goes great with a cold beer!

If you enjoy that, order a lil bit from Lagrange. You will fall in love.

If you enjoy that, order a lil bit from Lagrange. You will fall in love.

I agree, when I lived in Austin when I would be heading back there from Baton Rouge I would stop and get some. The best jerky ever.

I had some Buffalo jerkey in Kansas earlier this spring and it was fantastic. I can't remember where I got it because I bought it for a snack and didn't eat it until I was hours down the road. I haven't seen it anywhere since. Anybody have a clue where I can get some?

Lagrange?isnt that the name of a ZZ Top song?
Seeing as ZZ Top is from Texas,It probally is about the town of Lagrange

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom