Been up since 5:30 (2 Viewers)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have been more nervous for this game than I have been in years. I’ve bee struggling all week wondering, doubting, confident, it’s been up and down all week.

It hit me this morning on my 5th cup of coffee. Since 2011 I haven’t expected to be in the Super Bowl so the outcome of the seasons wasn’t that surprising. Even last year the way it ended it wasn’t a shock because I wasn’t confident that we were the best team in the NFC. Fast forward this year and this may be the most balanced team in Saints history and is in my opinion the best team in the NFC and could probably argue the best team in the NFL. Anything less than a Super Bowl birth would be a huge letdown and will only happen if we are out coached or beat ourselves. I’ve heard the window on the Brees era is closing for years now but this is the first year I’m starting to really think we need to line up a replacement. The last time I felt this nervous about a playoff game and this confident about a Super Bowl was 2011.

Been up since 4:30 after going to bed around 11:30 last night.
This feels so much like ‘09.
I’m prepared for a sleepless Saturday night if the Saints make it to the conference championship.

I keep telling myself I'm going to catch a nap before the game (11:40pm my time)... no way I'm going to be able to sleep.

prove them right

You would have been proud. Our company last night was my daughters friend and her parents. Ultra liberal atheists. We sat up until 1am discussing politics and religion. Some of the best conversations I’ve had in years.

You would have been proud. Our company last night was my daughters friend and her parents. Ultra liberal atheists. We sat up until 1am discussing politics and religion. Some of the best conversations I’ve had in years.
Am proud
Good on ya
However I’m going to venture that your and my definition of ‘ultra’ might differ slightly

Who dat?!?

You know... I met coach Payton before the startup of the preseason which led to the eventual 2009 Super Bowl win. He slapped the fleur de lis tattoo on my forearm and said, “Who Dat!”... No, I’m not kidding :D We were at the New Orleans Arena where I was playing music. He brought his daughter there for her birthday (16th I believe) because she was a fan of the band I was playing for.

Anyway.... afterwards we talked about Saints football and he told me over and over, “We’re going to the Super Bowl and we are going to win it”.... I probably looked like a kid in a candy store. Hearing such a thing from the coach of the team I’ve loved since I was a toddler was like pure ecstasy lol. I admired his confidence. After our performance, he came back stage again and said to me, “We are going to the Super Bowl and, when we go, I’m giving you two tickets”... He also added, “Don’t forget”... Like I’d forget something like that lol.

All season long I watched the Saints win those 13 games in a row and kept thinking, “Oh wow. I just might be going to watch the Saints in the Super Bowl”..... My coworkers (bandmates) actually started feeling bad for me because they felt that coach was just talking when he said those things about going to the SB and then giving me 2 tickets to see it. Plus this whole conversation took place in February... long before the start of preseason. We all thought there is no way he’d remember. He had bigger things to worry about than some hired help fiddler in a band.

Well, a few days after the Saints beat the Vikings in the NFC Championship game, coach Payton’s assistant contacted our management and confirmed addresses and everything. FedEx delivered Super Bowl tickets. I went to Miami, sat midway up the 50 yard line next to Jesse Jackson lol. Scotty Pippen was seated a bit behind me. Most of the other people around me were drunk Colts fans who were talking smack (in a nice way) after half time because they were winning 10-6. Then there was the ambush play which I mistook for a bad kick lol. And then finally there was Tracy Porter sealing the win with a pick 6. By that time, those Colts hecklers had left haha.

The point of my story? Well, it isn’t to brag. The chances that I would end up in a such a circumstance were incredible. I taught myself to play the fiddle out of boredom (and interest) as a kid. It led me to my dream of not only seeing the Saints win the Super Bowl, but actually being there to witness it. Life is awesome like dat. So I guess the point of me typing all of this is to say that I am not nervous because I saw our team win it. Anything after that is lagniappe.

WHO DAT!:bandg:

You know... I met coach Payton before the startup of the preseason which led to the eventual 2009 Super Bowl win. He slapped the fleur de lis tattoo on my forearm and said, “Who Dat!”... No, I’m not kidding :D We were at the New Orleans Arena where I was playing music. He brought his daughter there for her birthday (16th I believe) because she was a fan of the band I was playing for.

Anyway.... afterwards we talked about Saints football and he told me over and over, “We’re going to the Super Bowl and we are going to win it”.... I probably looked like a kid in a candy store. Hearing such a thing from the coach of the team I’ve loved since I was a toddler was like pure ecstasy lol. I admired his confidence. After our performance, he came back stage again and said to me, “We are going to the Super Bowl and, when we go, I’m giving you two tickets”... He also added, “Don’t forget”... Like I’d forget something like that lol.

All season long I watched the Saints win those 13 games in a row and kept thinking, “Oh wow. I just might be going to watch the Saints in the Super Bowl”..... My coworkers (bandmates) actually started feeling bad for me because they felt that coach was just talking when he said those things about going to the SB and then giving me 2 tickets to see it. Plus this whole conversation took place in February... long before the start of preseason. We all thought there is no way he’d remember. He had bigger things to worry about than some hired help fiddler in a band.

Well, a few days after the Saints beat the Vikings in the NFC Championship game, coach Payton’s assistant contacted our management and confirmed addresses and everything. FedEx delivered Super Bowl tickets. I went to Miami, sat midway up the 50 yard line next to Jesse Jackson lol. Scotty Pippen was seated a bit behind me. Most of the other people around me were drunk Colts fans who were talking smack (in a nice way) after half time because they were winning 10-6. Then there was the ambush play which I mistook for a bad kick lol. And then finally there was Tracy Porter sealing the win with a pick 6. By that time, those Colts hecklers had left haha.

The point of my story? Well, it isn’t to brag. The chances that I would end up in a such a circumstance were incredible. I taught myself to play the fiddle out of boredom (and interest) as a kid. It led me to my dream of not only seeing the Saints win the Super Bowl, but actually being there to witness it. Life is awesome like dat. So I guess the point of me typing all of this is to say that I am not nervous because I saw our team win it. Anything after that is lagniappe.

WHO DAT!:bandg:

Well, I am not envious.

Nope, Not At All...

Who Dat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom