Beer and fitness?? Can it Be? (1 Viewer)

hammernnails

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.military.com/military-fitness/workouts/beer-and-fitness-can-it-be?ESRC=dod.nl

I should look like aabercrombie model if this is true.....

Beer and Fitness? Can It Be?
by Stew Smith

I was once asked an interesting question concerning drinking beer and exercising. It seems that a former Navy Radioman had developed quite a gut since retiring, and was curious about whether he should give up his beer to lose weight? Not only did the gentleman enjoy drinking about 2-4 beers daily, he had also quit exercising. Moderate beer consumption is actually healthy, so I set out to define "moderate" as well as educate on the basics of caloric intake and caloric expenditure. The radioman was not suffering from a beer belly but an INACTIVITY BELLY! Yes, you can still drink beer and be very fit.

Over 90 million Americans enjoy drinking beer! Drinking moderately has been proven by many doctors, as well as the New England Journal of Medicine, to be a healthy component of longevity. In fact, moderate consumption of alcohol, including beer, has been proven to reduce the effects of high cholesterol, heart disease, some forms of cancer and even impotence.

Anything done in excess is naturally unhealthy. "Moderation" is defined by most doctors as 1-2 beers a day. And NO, you cannot save up through the week and catch up on the weekend drinking 10-12 beers in an evening. That is NOT moderation. There is even a US Beer Drinking Team that links beer enthusiasts and promotes moderation, responsibility, and healthy living.

photo1-beer.jpg

I want more info on the US beer drinking team. Is it an Olympic event now?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom