Beerman is a class act! (1 Viewer)

Most beloved Saint probably ever. I love a good underdog/rags to riches type story and he brings it everytime. And, oh yeah, he's been a heluva player, too! And I love that his favorite movie is Jerry Maguire.

Beerman is right behind Deuce on my favorite Saints list.

Don't feel bad Optimus, I have been one big crybaby this season. I shed one when Mike came out of the tunnel.

Michael Lewis is one of my favorite Saints of all time, top 3. Love that guy.

Yea...I'm a softy when it comes to underdogs making a name of themselves...Mike's one of those guys that prove..."ya never know"...:9:

"My Favorite Restaurant and Food in New Orleans: Copeland's"

:smileypuker: :16:

Copeland's had pretty good food when I worked for them back in the day!Beerman is top on my list also!

Most beloved Saint probably ever. I love a good underdog/rags to riches type story and he brings it everytime. And, oh yeah, he's been a heluva player, too! And I love that his favorite movie is Jerry Maguire.
I wouldn't go as far as saying the "most beloved". Archie, Hokie, Ricky Jackson, Eric Martin, Sam Mills, Big Jim Dombrowski, Pat Swilling, Willie Roaf, Deuce, Joe Horn...the list of beloved is long.

But yes...he's the ultimate underdog on the ultimate underdog team. :)

Well, I guess I really meant as underdog because he is and always will be, I think, loved in a different way and for different reasons than those other guys. Not that he hasn't been a legitimate player, but he will be remembered in a more "Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!" than Archie is, IMO.

How can you not like Michael Lewis. In my mind he kinda represents us, the common man. How many of us sat around dreaming that we could play for the Saints, or any NFL team for that matter, but we didn't do anything about it. He actually made it happen by just trying out. To go from driving a beer truck to playing in the Pro Bowl. Its a true Hollywood type story.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom