Before Anyone Predicts A 10 Plus Year Drought (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Or breaking out the paper bags.
Or any comparisons to the Jets as how the organization is run.
Remember, if the Saints don’t make the playoffs this season, it would only be a two year drought.
And if it’s a losing record this season, that would be the first since ‘16.
It’s not that bad. Start those comparisons in 2029!

Remember, if the Saints don’t make the playoffs this season, it would only be a two year drought.

I mean... is one super bowl ever 10 years that bad of a deal?

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Typically when you have a bad season, at least you can look to the draft for a glimmer of hope but without our first next year, that's going to sting.

Typically when you have a bad season, at least you can look to the draft for a glimmer of hope but without our first next year, that's going to sting.

I just look at 2022 as having 2 firsts advancing the development of the next round of young talent.

Somehow this information isn't instilling a lot of confidence in me. I need another Lombardi before I croak. And even I can conclude that what we did in recent years is not indicative of what we can expect in the next few seasons.

Last edited:
Somehow this information isn't instilling a lot of confidence in me. I need another Lombardi before I croak. And even I can conclude that what we did in recent year is not indicative of what we can expect in the next few seasons.
I’m not saying hold off on the paper bag mentality. Even if this season is a losing campaign, it’s one losing season after five straight.
It’s not like the 60s-70s when the Saints went two decades without a playoff appearance.

I don't look for a ten year drought, but a few years in QB purgatory is in order. Brees can't be replaced that easily. If DA remakes this team into a defensive team (not there yet) we might only need a game manager type QB. From what I see, Winston isn't it, and DA may only be around two years if he can't find a QB. I suffered since this team was fielded in Tulane stadium until we got that Superbowl. Now I can wait until someone causes some excitement, whomever that is. I will enjoy watching the evolving search for this team's identity, but won't get too up or down about it. Thanks CSP and Brees for days gone by!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom