Before anyone says Stetson (1 Viewer)

Can someone please remind me of the last undrafted, free agent quarterback, that really made any noise? Kurt Warner?
In this decade, there’s Taysom, Taylor Heinicke, and Tyler Huntley. They’re serviceable-above average QBs who can win games in an offense that caters to their strengths.

I hate this fallacy. Logically, just because "they said that about Drew Brees", all that means is that QB's who are 6 feet tall historically have a GREATER THAN 0% probability of being great NFL QB's. That's all. It doesn't mean they WILL be good QB's. Or even that they probably will be great QB's. In fact, statistically speaking, it's much more probable for taller QB's to do better. It means Drew Brees was a notable ANOMALY. Nothing more.
For a while, just about every late round or UDFA receiver we had was going to be Colston in the eyes of some of our fans.... followed by those WRs spending the majority of time on IR or contributing something in like 25% or less of the games they played.

Not a bad late round udfa but not a franchise QB until proven otherwise.

Really liked what I saw from Duggan. I feel like he’s got enough traits to make plays and has something special about him.

I suppose a team could draft Stetson at the end of day three. But the probability of his being an undrafted free agent seems greater than his chances of being drafted in any round. As an NFL prospect, he has little going for him. Ian Book was actually a better pro prospect. Stetson is short, has marginal arm talent and athletic ability, and at 25 has reached his ceiling. At Georgia, he is surrounded by high-round talent. Seriously, if Stetson had been with LSU this year, would he have started? And if he had started, would LSU have won eight games (it won nine)?

He has better numbers than Will Levis does in 2 seasons as a starter yet everyone is all gaga over Will Levis.

There was this one guy who got drafted #199 in 2000, he turned out pretty good
I said ‘undrafted’. There are tons of guys that were drafted. The point of the thread was to inquire about undrafted quarterback talent. Since Stetson Bennett may fall into that category ultimately.

Last edited:
If Stetson had played for Kentucky, would there be a thread currently running on this forum about Stetson as an NFL prospect? Yes, Levis, who may or may not make it in the NFL, is an exponentially better NFL prospect than Stetson. Certain athletic criteria need to be satisfied at every position for an NFL career.

I said ‘undrafted’. There are tons of guys that were drafted. The point of the thread was to inquire about undrafted quarterback talent. Since Stetson Bennett may fall into that category ultimately.
UDFA 7th rd pick, is kinda splitting hairs.
Bennett isn't gonna be a good NFL QB though, he just doesn't have the physical tools. But I could some HC falling in love with him and drafting Stetson in the 7th, pls don't be Dennis Allen🤞.

I suppose a team could draft Stetson at the end of day three. But the probability of his being an undrafted free agent seems greater than his chances of being drafted in any round. As an NFL prospect, he has little going for him. Ian Book was actually a better pro prospect. Stetson is short, has marginal arm talent and athletic ability, and at 25 has reached his ceiling. At Georgia, he is surrounded by high-round talent. Seriously, if Stetson had been with LSU this year, would he have started? And if he had started, would LSU have won eight games (it won nine)?
I remember when LSU won the 2003 natty. They had a 25 year old DT named Chad Lavalais. He was a key member
of the team. He went to the NFL the following year and started getting pushed around. I'm very wary of prospects
who've reached their ceiling in college

“He’s too short” … that’s what they said about Brees … if we don’t take a QB in the first two rounds, I wouldn’t mind a late-round draft pick and would definitely add him as an USFA. What could that hurt?
I'm pretty sure "he's too short" is why we drafted Daniels, Book, etc.

Anyway, I don't care who they draft as long as they can produce or if they can learn quick. Based on our draft picks, who knows who will be available. There are a lot of teams hunting for a QB in the next draft so doubt any prospects will be available for us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom