Before anyone says Stetson (1 Viewer)

What’s wrong with Stetson?

Size and arm talent are lacking. He’s also older than some NFL assistant coaches and his success has taken time and has been mostly a function of elite talent around him.

Lots of other QBs out there I’d rather take a chance with.

Last edited:
“He’s too short” … that’s what they said about Brees … if we don’t take a QB in the first two rounds, I wouldn’t mind a late-round draft pick and would definitely add him as an USFA. What could that hurt?
Bennett’s limitations and question marks go beyond his height.

He’s not a good NFL prospect. Plenty of other better ones out there.

It can’t hurt as a UDFA, as long as he’s like the third QB they add.

Size and arm talent are lacking. He’s also older than some NFL assistant coaches and his success has taken time and has been mostly a function of elite talent around him.

Other than that, he’s great.
This is one of the better scouting reports. 5th rounder at best. Once again the NFL is a different animal.

This is one of the better scouting reports. 5th rounder at best. Once again the NFL is a different animal.

That’s fair.

I’ll be honest: I thought Jayden Daniels showed better traits yesterday in that game. Haven’t watched LSU much this year, but he popped a few times. Makes me want to watch more.

Also started to warm up to Duggan before yesterday. Then he put on a show.

That’s fair.

It’ll be honest: I thought Jayden Daniels showed better traits yesterday in that game. Haven’t watched LSU much this year, but he popped a few times. Makes me want to watch more.

Also started to warm up to Duggans before yesterday. Then he put on a show.
I'd love Duggan,but we need a 1st round pick. He won't last to the 2nd

Lots of other QBs out there I’d rather take a chance with.
Lots of college QBs are surrounded by talent, doesn’t mean they are doing as much as Stetson is. Granted his team is elite, he still has to control the offense without screwing it up.

Lots of college QBs are surrounded by talent, doesn’t mean they are doing as much as Stetson is. Granted his team is elite, he still has to control the offense without screwing it up.
“Without screwing it up” isn’t really the top trait I’m looking for in my starting QB.

You know what I mean. He has control of that offense. He just makes plays.
So did Ian Book. So did AJ McCarron. So did Everett Golson at ND. Danny Wuerffel. So did countless other small QBs who were surrounded with superior talent and didn’t actually have to do more than “not screw it up” in college.
Yep. I'm not calling him Drew, but he plays the game in a similar way.
His style really isn’t similar to Drew at all. Other than their height, there aren’t many similarities.

So did Ian Book. So did AJ McCarron. So did Everett Golson at ND. Danny Wuerffel. So did countless other small QBs who were surrounded with superior talent and didn’t actually have to do more than “not screw it up” in college.

His style really isn’t similar to Drew at all. Other than their height, there aren’t many similarities.
I disagree. We'll see if he gets a chance in the pros. I'm sure he'll get on a team and a chance to show whether he belongs or not.

Fwiw, his stats are really solid.

Screenshot_20221204-194553_Samsung Internet.jpg

I disagree. We'll see if he gets a chance in the pros. I'm sure he'll get on a team and a chance to show whether he belongs or not.

Fwiw, his stats are really solid.

Screenshot_20221204-194553_Samsung Internet.jpg
That high comp% and yards are mainly due to dumpoffs to NFL caliber receivers. His TE will also be a high 1st
rounder. I wish him luck,but I just do see much success at the NFL level

That high comp% and yards are mainly due to dumpoffs to NFL caliber receivers. His TE will also be a high 1st
Maybe, but 2 years of those kind of numbers is still impressive regardless. I mean, people said Burrow had Jefferson and Chase to throw to also. So I don't buy that he's having success strictly because of the talent around him. He seems to be a winner and knows how to run an offense and do it well. Whether that translates to the NfL in his case remains to be seen, but I do think he's good enough to run an NFL offense that fits what he does best.

off the top of my head I can think of Mat Ryan and Patrick Mahommes
Then he had to face manning a bit to get there, he also faced Eli Manning twice in the SuperBowl
Big question is who did he put those stats up against. Most teams in SEC East are bad. Vandy and Mo are walking cupcakes and they play 4 chumps a year outside of SEC. Yes Oregon is a chump. They could score 50 points a game against Pac-12 competition and I'll never be impressed.

Florida and S.C are very mediocre as well as Kentucky.

Now Burrow his stats were out of this world and he took it another level during college playoffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom