Saints Behind (and deeper within) enemy lines: vs. 49'ers (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Raheem Mostert was "beasting" for them today: 19 carries, 146 yds (7.7ypc). If we keep contain on the edge (and Jordan & Davenport are excellent at doing that), we should force Garapolo into beating us with his arm.

Highlights of 49'ers vs. Ravens:

:gosaints:

jasonsw

Saints pups are Ready to Cheer N.O to Victory
Reaction score
Raheem Mostert was "beasting" for them today: 19 carries, 146 yds (7.7ypc). If we keep contain on the edge (and Jordan & Davenport are excellent at doing that), we should force Garapolo into beating us with his arm.

No doubt he had a big game. The key is Getting Jimmy to make mistakes. He still does every game except for the Green Bay one. If A.Zs D can make his life rough so can N.Os. They just gotta prevent the big plays and Harass Kittle

sfbaysaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

That's key... contain their outside zone runs.... plus be on the lookout for misdirection. They do that regularly.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Too funny I just looked at the Box Score and was coming here to post similar.

Journeyman I’d never heard of.

Cougar 1

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, the Niners are more of an outside run team. They run lotsa misdirection, and block the edges well. As good as he is as a receiver, Kittle is a helluva blocker. And keep an eye on rookie Deebo Samuel. He caught the Niners first TD. But he can also block, and will get the ball on end around plays. Overall, the Niners have speedy players who can get to the edge.

So hopefully our D line can win in the trenches and set the edge well.

Zack Lee

Guess who's home! Was it so empty without me
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Garapolo has never played in the Dome and I think the crowd will have something to yell about when they are on offense.
I
it was pretty loud today and he has certainly played in Seattle. Crowd noise will affect them but I would not expect it to rattle him like a rookie

DABOOT162

LURKER
Reaction score
Yeah, the Niners are more of an outside run team. They run lotsa misdirection, and block the edges well. As good as he is as a receiver, Kittle is a helluva blocker. And keep an eye on rookie Deebo Samuel. He caught the Niners first TD. But he can also block, and will get the ball on end around plays. Overall, the Niners have speedy players who can get to the edge.

So hopefully our D line can win in the trenches and set the edge well.
I have a hard time believing Kittle will block Cam or Davenport like he did Judon today, maybe im not giving him enough credit.... i dunno

BelowZero

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Niners are a good team this year. We’re better though.....you Know New Orleans isn’t sleeping on them. Our D-line is just as talented. Our LBs are better, our secondary is just as good.

I think we win a close one.
When healthy? Their LB's are light-years better than anyone not named Demario Davis on the Saints roster.

whodatphil

/sarcasm and tacoes
Reaction score
They aren’t a healthy team. Seems like every few plays someone was limping to the sideline. If they don’t get that first round bye, they might not make it far

BelowZero

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Totally disagree. You do realize Kwon Alexander is on IR. They start two rookies and a 2nd year player.
I said when healthy. The fact of the matter is that the Wide 9 relies on good DL and LB play, at which, they've been very strong even without Kwon Alexander. Even then, Warner is playing at an elite level.

Demario Davis is really the only LB on the Saints roster right now that isn't attackable. Klein is smart, but doesn't have the athleticism to use his brains to their fullest capabilities. AA is on IR (as usual). Kiko is inconsistent, at best. Robertson is slow and gets his ankles busted by shifty backs every time. Eliss is unproven and on IR.

At the end of the day, their LBers are a cog in a #1 defense. The age/experience of their linebackers is completely irrelevant in correlation to their play, elite is elite. The Saints LBers are perhaps the weakest link of the Saints middle-of-the-pack defense, outside of Demario Davis and a healthy Anzalone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom