Article Behind Enemy Lines: Q&A with Saints beat reporter Nick Underhill (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
By: Andrew DiCecco - Eagles Wire

Leading up to kickoff each week, I will spend time talking to various NFL beat writers who cover the Eagles’ opponents to gain some insight. This week, I spoke with New Orleans Saints reporter Nick Underhill from The New Orleans Advocate for my “Behind Enemy Lines” series.

Nick began covering the Saints prior to the 2014 season after previously covering the New England Patriots.

Here’s my Q&A with Nick:

AD: Michael Thomas has really elevated his play this year. Being around the team every day, what makes Michael so good and what has enabled him to take his game to the next level?

NU: I’m not sure I’ve covered a player who oozes determination like him. I know that sounds corny. I don’t typically sell or buy into and sell stupid storylines that I’d scoff and call it lazy if I read it somewhere else, but Thomas’ hunger is his defining characteristic. I think you can see it in the way he plays the game. There is almost a violence in every movement he makes on the field.

Full Interview - Eagles Wire

Thanks, Big Dan.

Nice read; great answers by Underhill (as usual).

Saw one typo (but this is picking fly poo out of pepper):

There have never been “target monsters” in this offense at any point over the last 13 yards.
He obviously meant YEARS.

It was sort of weird the way it ended abruptly, though.

Again, good read. :9:

:gosaints:

I would definitely consider Jimmy Graham as a target monster. Between 2011 and 2014 he had 149, 135, 142, and 125.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom