Belichick Busted... (1 Viewer)

If the illegal conduct was as extensive as it apparently was, then the NFL did not impose sufficient sanctions and intentionally concealed the extent of wrongdoing involved. Goodell failed his first major test as commissioner.

when will people understand that the NFL is now entertainment. Look at all the rules now to make it easier for offenses. FA makes teams competitive. No one gets bored over dynasties.

I hate when the u.s. government thinks their time is best served looking into sports and using the tax payers money to do this, this is a private business and has rules governing it not laws. the teams always use binoculars to see the calls and write them down, I don't even have a problem with video, what is the difference, this is just a rule set by the nfl that was broken and he got punished, case closed.

It's typical of senators waisting money instead of working on real issues

amen bro. fix the country not entertainment. i like how teams care about this videotape but earl cambell can't walk.

I hate when the u.s. government thinks their time is best served looking into sports and using the tax payers money to do this, this is a private business and has rules governing it not laws. the teams always use binoculars to see the calls and write them down, I don't even have a problem with video, what is the difference, this is just a rule set by the nfl that was broken and he got punished, case closed.

It's typical of senators waisting money instead of working on real issues

False.
http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61204

Awesome! After 40 years, it took Goodell what.. 6 months?, to forfeit the most valuable commodity the NFL owns.. it's antitrust exemption.

I'm still a little cloudy on the issue. What my understanding is so far is that at the owners meeting before last season Goodell issued a warning to teams about taping other teams and it wouldn't be tolerated anymore. As much that as been made of 'Spygate' you would think other teams would be in an uproar about it, but I think they've been just as guilty as well so they're keeping their silence. So this leads me to believe that taping teams was done by all teams before this. Now anything done before this warning should be a non-issue and shouldn't be brought back up. I also understand why coaches covered their mouths with their playcards in the past. I didn't think a team could get much info from television cameras showing them calling plays with the few times they were focused on the coaches, but it would be a concern if an opposing team had someone taping the coach calling plays during the whole game.

Also, 'Mangenius' who ratted on the Pats for taping them I find kinda funny because it seems he didn't have a problem with it when he was an assistant with the Pats.

The quick destroying of the tapes by the league I do find pretty flakey though.

Maybe Goodell should ask Spector about the UFO cover ups? lmao

on a serious note, Goodell should have punished New England a little more than they did, but they did get punished so what more can you do? Many would like a Championship or two taken away but we all know thats never ever going to happen and players would definately protest and this would turn into a bigger mess than what it should turn into, Patriots Org should definately hold their head down and have an asterisk put on every trophy won since 2000 as long as Bill is coaching, as this would be just as satisfying to NFL fans and it wont take away from the hard work most of the players put in during their Superbowl runs.

Plenty of teams had tainted wins in all sports though, you have multiple Yankee's that had steroids in their system during their rein, and stolen signals have been going on in that sport for the 200 years baseball has been around, Many Teams in Football has had questionable things go on, none worse than the possibility of paid off Ref's, stolen time on the play clock, Piped in Noise (Allegedly,INDY), Corked bats, Nina Kraft, list goes on, It's going to happen no matter what you do and don't think for a very second your beloved team has never cheated at some point, playing a former Patriot staff member was what got Patriots in trouble

It's surprising how many of you guys would rather just sweep this under the rug, hell i wonder how this board would feel if the Saints had made the Superbowl a few years ago and lost a close game to the Pats?

I think the Patriots knowingly broke rules and should be punished severely, Goodell is a friend of Pats owner B. Kraft and he gave the Pats a slap on the wrist and then destroyed the evidence, is that not disturbing to you guys?

Goodell was going to be the guy that ran a tight ship, but he could end up going down in flames for this, the whole thing wasn't handled properly IMO.

It's surprising how many of you guys would rather just sweep this under the rug, hell i wonder how this board would feel if the Saints had made the Superbowl a few years ago and lost a close game to the Pats?

I think the Patriots knowingly broke rules and should be punished severely, Goodell is a friend of Pats owner B. Kraft and he gave the Pats a slap on the wrist and then destroyed the evidence, is that not disturbing to you guys?

Goodell was going to be the guy that ran a tight ship, but he could end up going down in flames for this, the whole thing wasn't handled properly IMO.

And how many people have come out and said all teams have done this at some point, including some past coaches?

Be careful what you wish for. Today its just the Pats. Tomorrow it could be any other team, including the Saints.

Whether or not you agree this is worthy of Congress' time and our tax dollars, Spector has a point. Goodell was really quick to destroy the evidence and didn't really give a good explanation for it. Seems to me he wanted to sweep it under the rug.

And how many people have come out and said all teams have done this at some point, including some past coaches?

Be careful what you wish for. Today its just the Pats. Tomorrow it could be any other team, including the Saints.
But NFL teams were told point blank not to do this before the season started, but the Patriots thumbs there nose at that advice and did it anyway, that speaks volumes to me.
Goodell should have hit them harder, and not destroyed any evidence like he was doing a cover up, that looks bad no two ways about it.

Maybe this doesn't hit home with Saint fans, the Pats don't even play in the same conference, but what if this was the Bucs or Falcons?

I wonder how a Dolphin, Jet or Bills fan feels about this?

Our national debt stands at around 9 trillion dollars, and Specter is spending his time worrying about illegal taping in football games? Hey Specter, worry about fixing the economy!

Everyday I get a kick out of reading the posts on this board and it amazes me how it is so easy to see peoples beliefs and bias, lmao. Those anti-republicans think Spector is wasting tax payers money, and he should fix the economy, blah, blah, blah bs. If we (the Saints) were playing in the Super Bowl against the Patriots then it would be important to all of you critics of honesty and fair play. So yeah, in my opinion everyone should play by the same rules and until it's proven that other teams done this as well lets stick to one of our greatest laws "you are innocent until proven guilty". Oh by the way, should Congress only stay out of football or is it different for Baseball? HGH or taping which do you think gives you the most advantage, just sayin?

Our government is run by a small group of international plutocrats that plagues our society and Specter wants to talk to Goodell about Belichick .
I'm going to go and throw up .
I like the Plutocrats. Even better than the Democrats and Republicans...

votepluto_with_others.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom