N/S Belichick stopped Jones from talking to other Saints' players (1 Viewer)

After Jameis so graciously went over to give Jones some words of encouragement, BB moved it to "shield" his rookie QB.

LINK TO STORY

This is actually hilarious

I like Mac Jones, but he better learn how to lose, bc he is not gonna be successful until he does.

Playing at Alabama has spoiled him. You cant dwell and sulk on your mistakes. Especially at the qb position. You learn from them, then you forget about them.

QB's in the NFL have to have Amnesia, bc defenses are good and if you beat yourself up over every mistake you'll never make it

I doubt Belichick was trying to have him avoid us. Jones was sulking on the bench. Jameis had to go all the way to their bench area just to do the typical starting QB postgame pleasantries and give him encouraging words. Bill was probably like "If you're going to sulk, do it in the locker room, not out in public". We don't know. But I sincerely doubt he was trying to "stop Jones from talking to the Saints".

I doubt Belichick was trying to have him avoid us. Jones was sulking on the bench. Jameis had to go all the way to their bench area just to do the typical starting QB postgame pleasantries and give him encouraging words. Bill was probably like "If you're going to sulk, do it in the locker room, not out in public". We don't know. But I sincerely doubt he was trying to "stop Jones from talking to the Saints".
It had to be this…..I like Mac Jones but yesterday was an incredibly bad look for him. Late in the fourth quarter he was sitting on bench, alone, head down, looking like his dog died. While you don’t want your players on the sidelines grinning like idiots during a loss, you also don’t want them to be completely crushed by a single loss. A few things came to mind seeing him like that - he has no concept of losing (all those years with Crimson Tide spoiled him), the weight of replacing Brady is already getting to him. It’s going to be interesting to watch Jones‘ career. He may bounce back or flame out……..

It had to be this…..I like Mac Jones but yesterday was an incredibly bad look for him. Late in the fourth quarter he was sitting on bench, alone, head down, looking like his dog died. While you don’t want your players on the sidelines grinning like idiots during a loss, you also don’t want them to be completely crushed by a single loss. A few things came to mind seeing him like that - he has no concept of losing (all those years with Crimson Tide spoiled him), the weight of replacing Brady is already getting to him. It’s going to be interesting to watch Jones‘ career. He may bounce back or flame out……..
If the weight of replacing Brady is getting to him already, just wait until NEXT week! lol

I think it's just Bill trying to control his new QB.
Watch DARKSIDE OF NFL the belicheat episode.
It gives you insight as to how Bill runs his team and treats his players. And to me, it also kind of explains why Brady wanted to go to another team late in his career

Yes, Bill is a control freak that wins. His process has six championships none without Brady. Any normal franchise would like at the 2021 Patriots as a rebuilding squad inferior to the Bills and not a playoff contender absent Bill. The man over analyzes everything pulling out game references from 30 years ago with uncanny detail. If Bill is molding his young QB it is in how to handle what just happened to do process it Bill's way, the Patriot way, the you are not going to like this feeling you have right now and use it as fuel but also understand this is the first time Mac Jones threw an interception in the NFL let alone three and on the games final play. There are three coaches in the NFL in the top tenured tier that I would never question: Tomlin, Payton, and Belichick.

The QB has to be the leader of the team. He can't get too up or too down during a victory or a defeat. Jones needs to become more professional.
Its something that becomes fan favorites when winning, and a subject of contempt when losing. Brees had his 1,2,3Win chant and many runs to endzone with high fives. Newton had his dab, superman and others with players. Back in the day whole teams had skits, still do.

It becomes more exciting when the team is winning. Brees chant changed, Newton Superman thing gone....and Jameis W eating will only be tolerated if we winning.

Nature of the beast, Bill just trying to show his young QB early how to handle himself after a loss. Shake hands with other QB and go back to your locker. I agree with that.

Agreed. I think many people are questioning the whole grabbing him by the wrist thing, vs. “Jones, let’s head to the locker room now”, or something like that.

This, completely.

Was it a little odd to see one grown man grabbing another by the wrist and taking him somewhere? Yeah. But the motivations behind it seem to be different than what’s being portrayed.

It was odd to see Jones with his head down on the bench after losing a game in September that, in the grand scheme of things, wasn’t all that meaningful. This seemed to be more about Belichick showing him the right way to handle a loss like that as a team leader, etc.

totally agree, He was protecting his team not just his QB. This is what happens when you a young QB who doesn't know how to lose. Which is just as important in the NFL as knowing how to win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom