N/S Belichick stopped Jones from talking to other Saints' players (1 Viewer)

Yes, Bill is a control freak that wins. His process has six championships none without Brady. Any normal franchise would like at the 2021 Patriots as a rebuilding squad inferior to the Bills and not a playoff contender absent Bill. The man over analyzes everything pulling out game references from 30 years ago with uncanny detail. If Bill is molding his young QB it is in how to handle what just happened to do process it Bill's way, the Patriot way, the you are not going to like this feeling you have right now and use it as fuel but also understand this is the first time Mac Jones threw an interception in the NFL let alone three and on the games final play. There are three coaches in the NFL in the top tenured tier that I would never question: Tomlin, Payton, and Belichick.
Agree with everything except.... How did Tomlin make that list...lol

The sight seemingly on the verge of tears sitting on the team bench well after the game was incredibly odd. The veteran players on that team have to be asking questions. And New England's fortunes are not likely to get better: New England is not a terribly talented team, it has drafted poorly in recent years, and it just spent a huge amount on free agents.

I am admittedly a Mac Jones skeptic. His floor is relatively high, which is the reason he has started as a rookie. But his ceiling seems relatively low. He can be a starting quarterback in the NFL, but he will not be a top 15 quarterback. He seems like a less talented Matt Ryan or a stronger-armed Steve Walsh.

Tampa losing yesterday does not bode well for New England. The Bucs do not want to go 2-2, and certainly Brady has this had this game zeroed since the schedule was released. If Jones has a poor game against the Bucs and New England loses badly, he will have to go over and congratulate Brady. It comes with the territory of being an NFL quarterback.

I'm assuming he handled that first loss to Miami a lot better because he played well enough to win.

This one he knows he singlehandedly lost the game for his team.

And knowing the wrath of BB and his hatrid of devastating turnovers, it obviously got to him.

I'm assuming he handled that first loss to Miami a lot better because he played well enough to win.

This one he knows he singlehandedly lost the game for his team.

And knowing the wrath of BB and his hatrid of devastating turnovers, it obviously got to him.
I don't know what BB is thinking but the guy is a rookie, so he had to know there would be days like this.

The QB has to be the leader of the team. He can't get too up or too down during a victory or a defeat. Jones needs to become more professional.
Perhaps it may have been so long ago you have forgotten.

But not all young men master this in their early bouts with life's adversity. Some people need more time and guidance to develop their cool side. I know there were plenty of times in my youth a tug on the wrist from Belichick would have done me more good than the path I chose to walk.

Also consider that last interception was with only 6 seconds left on the clock.

So not much actual time elapsed by the time we finished the game in victory formation. The wounds were very fresh.

It's not like Jones was sulking on the sidelines for 15-20 minutes.

Then I would say suck it up buttercup. But this I give a pass on. An intercepted pass, but a pass nonetheless.

Agree with everything except.... How did Tomlin make that list...lol

22Mike Tomlin152007-2021227146801.6456691688.5001.81112
23Sean Payton152006-2021227145820.6396391798.5291.91111

Same way Payton did? With one QB the whole time?

Actually more than spooky how alike those records are.

Even spookier, they could have included this guy:

21 Pete Carroll 16 1994-2021 243 146 96 1 .603 50 11 21 11 10 .524 2.3 1 1 1 2
22 Mike Tomlin 15 2007-2021 227 146 80 1 .645 66 9 16 8 8 .500 1.8 1 1 1 2
23 Sean Payton 15 2006-2021 227 145 82 0 .639 63 9 17 9 8 .529 1.9 1 1 1 1

All coaching in the same era as Belichick and Andy Reid. Crazy.

I doubt Belichick was trying to have him avoid us. Jones was sulking on the bench. Jameis had to go all the way to their bench area just to do the typical starting QB postgame pleasantries and give him encouraging words. Bill was probably like "If you're going to sulk, do it in the locker room, not out in public". We don't know. But I sincerely doubt he was trying to "stop Jones from talking to the Saints".
And that is why Newton had to go!!! Newton's "larger than life personality" started to rub off on Jones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom