Believe what you want, but our season hopes are on the line this Sunday (1 Viewer)

Disagree, it is way too early for this. There is a lot of season left which means a lot of up and downs. It's not like anyone is running away with the division.

While it is very important that the Saints play better more consistent football, a loss to Carolina would not be the end of the season, that said I really think the Saints match up well against them. I think we win unless we turn it over a bunch....

The biggest thing that stood out to me from the GB/TB game was the fact that Tampa Bay miraculously played a perfectly clean game, and the only penalty called on them all game long was an offsetting penalty on both teams... Amazing! I’ve heard for years and years how refs could legitimately call “holding” on every single play, but somehow the Bucs managed to avoid any penalty yardage against them all game.

We look like a 8-8 team. A loss to Carolina isn’t a killer. However, we have to go 3-1 over the next 4 weeks that are filled with huge games:
  1. Carolina is a good test to see if we beat average teams without a doinked FG and OT. A loss or close win and I fear we are a 6 or 7 seed team that loses in the first round.
  2. Chicago is a bubble playoff team. Great gauge for how we will deal with good defenses.
  3. TB game may decide the division. They may be the best team in the NFC. I fear we lucked out playing them week 1.
  4. SF is a bubble playoff team. A win over SF and Chi goes a long way to ensuring we finish with at least a wild card.

TB game may decide the division. They may be the best team in the NFC. I fear we lucked out playing them week 1.

Tampa Bay is going to lose at Las Vegas next Sunday... Everyone boosting them up because they handled Green Bay, but Green Bay is overrated, and that game doesn’t decide anything.

Not to argue, or try to overstate the obvious, but the solidity or dominance of any win has nil effect on any season's outcome.

The people who care most about big wins, strong performances and blowouts are we fans looking for reassurance about our team's prospects, and sportswriters who want to sell us articles that feed into our insecurity about the very same thing.

A 1 point win as time expires will still get us one step closer to the goal. We just may need to order more heart medication 😎

Last edited:
Right now there is no clear cut dominant team in the NFL. Like look Miami beat 49ers and 49ers turn around and beat the Rams. Chicago beat Bucs and then Bucs beat Packers. Its like a merry go round with wins and loses. Control what you can. Saints can only do what they need to do is play better across the board. Who knows how this year will shake out.

Lots of football left to be played. I like our chances in the postseason if the crowds are still at the levels that they are at right now. Especially if we are a wildcard team.

I get what you’re saying and yes, we all want this team to start playing to its talent and making statement games. With that said, even if we were to win out, the narrative here and all around the country will just shift to “Yeah they had another great regular season. Good for them. What will they finally do in the playoffs now?”

So whether we 2019 Titans our way to the playoffs or whether we 2019 Ravens our way to the playoffs really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things because all the oasis is on simply getting to the dance and finally trying to get over the hump in the postseason.

So basically, I’ll take regular season wins any way I can get it because I guarantee you if we make the playoffs whether at a dominant 14-2 or a solid 11-5 or a questionable 9-7, the fans feelings will all remain the same come January.

we will make the playoffs , and we should be glad homefield means squat this year with limited fans. Going on the road in the playoffs this year isnt like years past, yes there will be weather issues in some places, but really the chances of us actually meeting green bay in the playoffs @ their place are pretty low. someone will either knock them or us out before that come to fruition.

I haven't thought that far ahead but Green Bay would still have an incredible homefield advantage even without a packed house. Players dread going up there late in the year. A lot of players have never encountered the kind of cold you see in Green Bay.

The teams with domes are the the ones with no real advantage aside from not having to travel.

The biggest thing that stood out to me from the GB/TB game was the fact that Tampa Bay miraculously played a perfectly clean game, and the only penalty called on them all game long was an offsetting penalty on both teams... Amazing! I’ve heard for years and years how refs could legitimately call “holding” on every single play, but somehow the Bucs managed to avoid any penalty yardage against them all game.
Would the Saints D have been called for a PI on the second pick of Rodgers in the Tampa Bay game if it had been us playing GB instead? The CB had his arm around the WR's waist before making the pick. I'm glad it was a no call, but I'd lay money we would have been flagged for that given how the refs have been officiating us ever since the infamous no-call game.

Tampa Bay is going to lose at Las Vegas next Sunday... Everyone boosting them up because they handled Green Bay, but Green Bay is overrated, and that game doesn’t decide anything.
Which NFC team(s) has a better QB/Def combo?

They can win games on both sides of the ball. They are the most complete team in the NFC. The NFL and refs want this Brady story line to continue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom