Believe what you want, but our season hopes are on the line this Sunday (1 Viewer)

The entire NFC is an enigma this year... Up, Down, Juggernaut, Turd, every week changes everything and all perceptions...

I am not buying any of it at this point... In 6 weeks this can all look completely different....

I will say this... The Saints will only go as far as our O-Line and Defensive Backs will take us this season... All the other pieces are there.

Tampa Bay is going to lose at Las Vegas next Sunday... Everyone boosting them up because they handled Green Bay, but Green Bay is overrated, and that game doesn’t decide anything.
I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I'm on the fence on this. If we play like games 2-3, we are in a world of hurt. If we play like 4-5, I'll cringe and pray that we get our act right.

Now, what we need going forward is a solid defense, not top, just enough to get some stops and good field position. Drew can still shred defenses, but something has to give. This offense is suspect with these dunk passes all game and playing from behind is harder now as we don't have many big plays to get us out of binds.

If we don't make it this season, I say we give Winston a team friendly 3 year deal and see what he can do. As many bash him, I think he could bring a spark to this team. I just think SP is stuck in his ways with Drew and wants to believe in him until he hangs up his career.

Good teams find a way to beat bad teams. There's no excuse for to losing to the Panthers this Sunday.
Unless the excuse the Saints use is that the Panthers are the better team at this stage of the season.
Other than that, there should be no excuse.

This will not be an easy game so be prepared. Teddy doesn't turn the ball over. Who will stop Robby Anderson? Our offense will have to control the clock with the run game and a healthy MT. Defense should shade coverage towards Robby all game because he's a big playmaker.

This will not be an easy game so be prepared. Teddy doesn't turn the ball over. Who will stop Robby Anderson? Our offense will have to control the clock with the run game and a healthy MT. Defense should shade coverage towards Robby all game because he's a big playmaker.
You forgot about D.J. Moore. Didn't Teddy turned it over yesterday?

Around a year ago, the Titans were 2-4 and had just been shutout by the Broncos.

Lots of football left to be played.

Interrrresting.... that 6th game was the game Mariotta got benched and Tannehill took over.

So, what are you trying to say? :hihi:

I don't buy into the theory that our season is make or break with a win/loss this week. I do agree, however, that the way we have been playing and the inconsistency on offense and the poor defensive play has to be fixed, and quick, if we are really to be considered a deep playoff contender. I have faith that Coach Payton will get things turned around, but he better get it done quickly as we have some formidable teams coming up. On the one hand we could go on a 5 game winning run and on the other, the way we have been underperforming, we could also go 2 - 3 in the next 5 games. Lets hope it is the 5 game winning streak!!!

Even though we are 3-2 , we're just not a playoff team right now.......I just hope for a decent record, and that the players will not quit. I just hate to see the Saints underperform this year with all the preseason hype, and it may be Bree's last year at that

There is a 7th seed now. And the NFC is looking like hot garbage
Yes agree I thougt about doing a thread on my assessment of the NFC and AFC.

NFC appears wide open. Injuries in G.B are taking a toll. Seattle has gotten by with a very porous defense and Wilson having a season no one has ever seen. T.B at this point is up and down. N.O hasnt hit its stride yet. The Rams are hard to figure and S.F is a shell of what it was last year. Chicago is not as good as their record indicates, but hard to discount Nick Foles who plays big in the postseason.

The AFC on the other hand looks very potent. Tennessee and Pittsburgh look like legitimate Superbowl teams. K.C after a hot start has cooled but are very dangerous. Baltimore could be headed for a regression but are loaded. Buffalo is a very good young team that just needs a little more seasoning.

As of now hard to envision any NFC team beating one of the top AFC teams.

Last edited:
Interrrresting.... that 6th game was the game Mariotta got benched and Tannehill took over.

So, what are you trying to say? :hihi:

I’m saying it’s a long season. And similarly to the 2019 Titans, the 2020 Saints have a significant player getting ready to join the lineup. One who happened to be named NFL Offensive Player of the Year last season.

I think the 1 seed is still a possibility but low. If we don't get the 1 seed, I don't really care. I just want a ticket to the mosh pit and come out as the winning team. We need to improve each week to get there. The defense has a ways to go and the offense needs a spark from Thomas and more consistency. Hopefully it's enough to go on a winning streak starting with Carolina. If not, no way will I have given up. A playoff seed is still well within our grasp. Just keep improving to be the hottest team in December and January.

While the AFC seems to have teams that are separating themselves, the NFC is a WEEKLY toss up. This season more than virtually any one before is an “Any Given Sunday” year. Add in Covid making teams cancel practices and upset schedules, this conference is wide open.

There is no truly dominant NFC defense. NFC offenses aren’t that far apart in terms of scoring. Plus, there is little to no home field advantage to tip the scales.

The Saints have just as good of a shot as any other team in punching a ticket to the post season and doing damage once we’re there. 7 playoff spots are available. Though I would prefer we demolish every team on the way to a second Lombardi, that is not a requirement.

We can win ugly; we can win scraping by; we can win by luck. I don’t care how we win; I care that we win. #whodat

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom