Believe what you want, but our season hopes are on the line this Sunday (2 Viewers)

If opposing defenses are going to play against the short passing game w/o respecting an occasional 15-20 yard shot play, you need to starting pounding the hell out of teams with the run. If you start popping off 4-5 yards on running plays, defenses will have to start playing the run then you have that short passing game open up.

There is a 7th seed now. And the NFC is looking like hot garbage
Chicago 5-1
Rams 4-2
Cards 4-2
Saints 3-2
49ers 3-3

3 teams make it.

If we don't win the division, the wildcard is far from guaranteed.

Good thing is the West is gonna beat up on each other. And we get to control some of this by beating the Bears and 49ers. Lose both of those games and we are in deep doo doo.

The NFC is sooo wide open right now. And yes we have reached a critical stage in the 2020 season. No more excuses about no preseason and free agents not getting the opportunity to gel. It’s the time where good teams begin to step up. Coaches now know what they have. Strengths and weaknesses. Game tapes on opponents is there to decipher. Great coaching can start to separate from average or unprepared coaching; Same thing with players. Talent is one thing but playing smart means a lot too. Unfortunate injuries can ruin a team. But teams built through the draft usually still excell with there next man up prepared depth. Then there’s ball control/time of possession; limited turnovers and penalties; players - especially captains showing leadership and bonding vs locker room turmoil. Our Saints are suppose to have an edge in all of these areas with so many returning coaches and veterans. It’s time for this entire team, top to bottom, to do there job. Study the game film, show discipline, play smarter, have that “will to win” because there is little athletic separation between most of these teams. If the Saints organization is who they claim they are, then it’s time for them to step up and prove it.

With only 16 games, that's true almost every week. We've been looking average, I hope we can dial things up a notch.

I dunno.... I have only missed 1 panthers game this season (sisters a fan) nd I don't see the hype. I even get some what aggravated by hearing Teddy "Sewerwater" being thrown out there by their own fans and that was during games that they won haha. But they can't seem to stop the run on defense, have no tight end, WR's are decent but are tiny. Anderson has been looking good but is the skinniest human being I think I've ever seen haha.

The biggest thing that stood out to me from the GB/TB game was the fact that Tampa Bay miraculously played a perfectly clean game, and the only penalty called on them all game long was an offsetting penalty on both teams... Amazing! I’ve heard for years and years how refs could legitimately call “holding” on every single play, but somehow the Bucs managed to avoid any penalty yardage against them all game.

Let me add how amazing 0 penalties was for Tampa:

Overall this season, Tampa is 29th in penalties per game at 7.0. The last 3 games the average was 6.3 penalties per game. They average 9.7 penalties on the road and 4.3 per game at home - aided no doubt by that stellar 0 penalty performance at home against GB.

Sure, it's always best to be playing your best as you move into the postseason games.
Unless you're talking about 2009.

You're right, but I think 2009 was a team that knew what it was capable of and knew it would be ready come playoff time. I know dropping 3 straight to the end the season made everyone nervous. And some teams get hot late and then hit a wall wildcard weekend. There's no right way, but looking at how this season is going so far, its clear we aren't going to run the table. It seems like the Saints are trying to force what worked the last 2 seasons and teams have caught up. That and not being healthy in the right positions works against you when you have such a tight operation. But that operation looks so predictable and pedestrian right now. What I'm trying to say is if it were me, I would take the risk of another L if it means trying some new things in hopes of finding this team's identity because we are not great at anything right now. Challenge the deep ball, try anything else with Taysom, play up-tempo, completely commit to the run, give Jameis a play, etc. etc. I am seeing the same exact approach every week. Let's play around. Let's look different. I feel like there should be a lot more experimentation in the beginning of the season and I see the Saints trying to safely be perfect. Which is how I imagine they would play if this is a MUST win game.

I’m just going to keep trying to enjoy the season for what it is. I’ve always thought that you pretty much know what you have by the start of week 9, and I hope the Saints can turn things around soon.

Wonder what game will be the classic Saints stinker that we have every year. I'm going to assume it'll be one vs the Falcons where the Falcons basically play their superbowl.

Wonder what game will be the classic Saints stinker that we have every year. I'm going to assume it'll be one vs the Falcons where the Falcons basically play their superbowl.
I'm going to assume we've already had the only two we're going to have this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom