Bell and Moore injuries (1 Viewer)

The injuries are technically the same, but that doesn't mean the serverity is.

I'm not a doctor and I didn't stay at a Holiday Express last night, but I'm pretty sure the severity of the strain can differ greatly.
There are grade 1, 2 and 3 sprains, with one being the least severe.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/knee/medialligament.htm

Until the MRI is complete, there's no way of knowing exactly, but I'm glad the coaching staff is optimistic. Even with a grade 1 sprain, I wouldn't play him this weekend.

edit: Oops, didn't see efil4stnias post!

correct

grade 1
grade 2
and grade 3 strains

Grade 1 symptoms:
Mild tenderness on the inside of the knee over the ligament.
Usually no swelling.
When the knee is bent to 30 degrees and force applied to the outside of the knee (stressing the medial ligament) pain is felt but there is no joint laxity (looseness) (video).
Grade 2 symptoms:
Significant tenderness on the inside of the knee on the medial ligament.
Some swelling seen over the ligament.
When the knee is stressed as for grade 1 symptoms, there is pain and laxity in the joint, although there is a definite end point (the knee cannot be bent sideways completely).
Grade 3 symptoms:
This is a complete tear of the ligament.
Pain can vary and is sometimes not as bad as that of a grade 2 sprain.
When stressing the knee there is significant joint laxity.
The athlete may complain of having a very wobbly or unstable knee.

cant find anythin gon recovery time- but if 1 I think its like a week or so
I had a grade one sprain. The next day I went to one of my co-workers who is a Reiki healer, then ran on it that night (stupid). It swelled a little the next day, so I went to back to her. I didn't tell her what I had done (smart) got another session, and was fine after that. I was back up to full speed after 4-5 days, but I don't play in the NFL :)

New Orleans Saints running back Mike Bell has a sprained MCL and is likely to miss at least a week.

Saints head coach Sean Payton was pleased overall about the injury status of the team's leading rusher through two games.

"Again, the news on his knee was positive. I don't want to put a time frame on it. I really won't know it until Wednesday, but it's a lot less severe than maybe we anticipated," said Payton.

Link: http://www.neworleans.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=216490&Itemid=578

Very good news indeed.

Exactly.. You just proved yourself wrong and me right.. See how important a solid run game is to a run at the SB? You control the clock, give your defense adequate rest time, save Drew's arm, etc etc etc.. Its quite obvious.. And *right now*, who is the most solid and most productive RB on this offense? Bell.

I hope to god he is the most productive, he has 45 carries!

1) Brees.
2) Defense.
3) takeways.
4) turnovers.
5) Running game.

To say Mike Bell is the key to our season is just not true. See above.

If Brees gets hurt, the D allows 35 pts a game, we have 0 takeaways, we turn the ball over 3 times a game.......THOSE things matter much more than how many times we run the ball.

No one agrees with this?!

1) Brees.
2) Defense.
3) takeways.
4) turnovers.
5) Running game.

If Brees gets hurt, the D allows 35 pts a game, we have 0 takeaways, we turn the ball over 3 times a game.......THOSE things matter much more than how many times we run the ball.

Probably not.

Brees' success will hinge on a balanced running attack to keep the defenses honest.
Mike Bell is the catalyst for this to happen. A Bell/Thomas 2-man running attack would make our offense pretty much unstoppable.

1) Brees.
2) Defense.
3) takeways.
4) turnovers.
5) Running game.

Do you even remember last season when the Saints were not able to pick up short 3rd down plays, BECAUSE WE DIDNT HAVE A RUNNING GAME, now Bell has the other team having to game plan for a rushing game. Which will get exposed this week when PT gets shut down, then you can learn to appreciate what Mike Bell has done for the offense.

Do you even remember last season when the Saints were not able to pick up short 3rd down plays, BECAUSE WE DIDNT HAVE A RUNNING GAME, now Bell has the other team having to game plan for a rushing game. Which will get exposed this week when PT gets shut down, then you can learn to appreciate what Mike Bell has done for the offense.

:spit: lol, I am sure he will get his 86 yards on 17 carries just like Bell did last week, probably more. You anoint Bell a savior after two games is pretty silly.

Last edited:
I say we sit Bell and play PT. I am more of a Bell fan than PT, but I'd rather him rest it than play on a weak knee.

I think the roles may reverse for this game coming up. PT gets most touches, then Bell gets a small handfull.

Probably not.

Brees' success will hinge on a balanced running attack to keep the defenses honest.
Mike Bell is the catalyst for this to happen. A Bell/Thomas 2-man running attack would make our offense pretty much unstoppable.
I support this message. without inside runner since 06 we had 7 and 8 win seasons. You should not underestimate the impact of Bell. He or other legit inside runner is the key to gettng into post season if you look at past 3 years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom