Bell to Return (1 Viewer)

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I found a blurb from ProScout that Bell's knee is OK, and he will return for the Giants game. He has allegedly been running and cutting on it just fine.

That's good news. With Bell back, Pierre probably back to 100%, and Reggie probably heather than ever, our running game should be near peak. I would feel better with Bushrod back, haven't heard his status yet.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=906232&nid=4363987&fhn=1

Payton said this morning he expects us to be at 100% health come 10/18. Obviously something could happen between now and then at practice, but he expects the current injured players will all be back by then.

I found a blurb from ProScout that Bell's knee is OK, and he will return for the Giants game. He has allegedly been running and cutting on it just fine.

That's good news. With Bell back, Pierre probably back to 100%, and Reggie probably heather than ever, our running game should be near peak. I would feel better with Bushrod back, haven't heard his status yet.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=906232&nid=4363987&fhn=1

Teams have been running on the Giants better than passing. I look for a 200 + rushing yds game from our three headed monster. Cowgirls did it to them with Jones, Barber, & Choice... So can we.

We haven't seen how explosive this offense can be with both Bell and Pierre healthy. Can't wait.

Not a knock on either guy, but it begs discussion, does pierre run better in the second half for a reason? Does he take that many runs to get in the groove or is just a function of the opposing defense wearing down and getting tired? If Bell has a better first half of the game, maybe we should truly split carries between them. Unfortunately this doesn't leave alot of room for RB's attempts, at least on 1st and 2nd down.

Not a knock on either guy, but it begs discussion, does pierre run better in the second half for a reason? Does he take that many runs to get in the groove or is just a function of the opposing defense wearing down and getting tired? If Bell has a better first half of the game, maybe we should truly split carries between them. Unfortunately this doesn't leave alot of room for RB's attempts, at least on 1st and 2nd down.

I've heard Pierre (and many other RB's) say that it takes a few runs to get into a groove. Depending on the game, sometimes the D is already getting worn down in the 3rd quarter. Ironically, the passing game wears out the D line more than the running game.

PT, Bell, and Bush... all together healthy,and Bushrod back in action....

THIS WILL BE FUN TO WATCH!!!

Jeez...this offense is gonna be ridiculous!!! People can take the pass away all they want, cause we'll just run it all over them! Then when they start committing 8 or more to the box to stop it, Drew will start putting up his monster numbers again!!!

Not a knock on either guy, but it begs discussion, does pierre run better in the second half for a reason?

Hmmm, has he even gotten many carries in the first half of games yet? Might be too small of a sample size to draw any conclusions but, he has been gashing people in the 2nd half. I would say we're wearing people down if anything, and Pierre's a guy who breaks a lot of tackles so, he's probably a nightmare for defenses in the 4th qtr

Drew Brees is over due, will be nice having Pierre, Bell and Reggie all in service and Moore should be healthy as well. On the defensive side Clancy should be back as well, which will help the defensive line rotation to say the least.

I think we have too many runningbacks. Runningbacks need touches...in my opinion, switching between 3 runningbacks is a mistake. The Giants did it with success, but that's one team, and I can promise you that with 3 runningbacks carrying the load 1 or 2 of them is going to always be ****** that he isn't getting more carries.

3 runningbacks sound good in theory, but in reality it think it is a bad idea. I would hate to be a Saints runningback right now. I'd be pushing for a trade.

Again, its a looong season.

All will play. All will get their touches. To have em all healthy will only give Payton more options. Just like Drew having all those weapons catching the ball. Everybody brings a lil something different to the table. Everybody stays focused, everybody is into the game, everybody is ready when their number is called.

A nightmare for opposing Ds!

The OLINE created some HUGE holes in the 2nd half. It could be the guys up front getting in a groove more so than the RB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom