Bellamy back!!! (1 Viewer)

truck man

not so ******
Reaction score
Jay Bellamy played the whole second half and looked pretty good out there for the first time in over a year.

I've got a feeling Jay got his starting job back today. After Stoutmire got burned on the big Crumpler pass play, I didn't see him again.

if only we could get Danny Clark in. he is a beast! Simoneau can't keep having games where he only gets 4 and 5 tackles.

Did you see D Clark's 2 goal line stops? He got some time in today.

Did you see D Clark's 2 goal line stops? He got some time in today.

he is in our goaline package...then on that 4th down...they switched formations...we switched out of our goaline formation...and they scored with simeneau in...

danny really needs to see more significant time...

he is in our goaline package...then on that 4th down...they switched formations...we switched out of our goaline formation...and they scored with simeneau in...

danny really needs to see more significant time...

They were probably worried about the Falcons calling a play-action bootleg with a run/pass option for Vick. I know I was. I think if the Saints staff thought for a second that Atlanta would go with a straight foward run play, they would have kept Clark in.

As for Bellamy, I've been wondering for weeks why we haven't seen more of him. I actually think he and Stoutmire are pretty much the same player, but Bellamy seems to have a better nose for the football. After watching Stoutmire miss a ton of tackles and giving up that play to Crumpler today, I'm hoping this staff gives Bellamy a shot at starting.

Jay took a little while to get back in game shape... and then a few games to prove to the coaches that he should be on the field.. coupled with stoutmire blowing a few assignments... i think he'll be starting from here out.

I for one an GLAD that Bellamy is back in. Stoutmire is role-player at best. I think we really saw this game how much we've missed the speed of Harper. Bellamy is no burner, but he certainly has a nose for the football.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom