Bellamy in Stoutmire out? (1 Viewer)

erb415

All-Pro
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It says he is better in pass coverage than Stoutmire, which I agree with.

"Bellamy is an expereicned player who is better against the pass compared to Stoutmire"

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
All the Bellamy naysayers on here have always said hes a liability in coverage because hes so slow now. I personally have no idea.

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Jay Bellamy has the experience.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I love the move. Bellamy is a much better player than Mr. I'm out of positionmire.

cruize

Account closed at user request
Reaction score
Bellamy is a starter and Stoutmire is a backup/special teamer.

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Bellamy is better, but his age has him not much better than Mr Out of Positionmire. I'd rather have Bellamy over Omar anyway. Atleast if Bellamy gets burnt, it'll more than likely be because of his speed, not cause he's WAY out of position leaving his CB hangin.

Saintamaniac

Purple & Gold for Life
Reaction score
This is a move that should have taken place a week after we re-signed Bellamy. Dare I say that we will see improved play from Bullocks as a result of having Bellamy back there calling the defensive secondary adjustments. I'm just sorry it took Payton this long to realize what many people already knew.

ok awesome

Champs
Reaction score
All the Bellamy naysayers on here have always said hes a liability in coverage because hes so slow now. I personally have no idea.
Bellamy is not a good cover guy. Fortunately (and somewhat unfortunately, too) for us, he's still a better cover guy than Stoutmire.

Crusader

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Bellamy excells most vs. the run. He is a player with great heart but has lost a step in coverage, although he covered Crumpler better than Stoutmire. The real good news is that we have a coach capable of realising and correcting his mistakes (letting Bellamy go in the first place in favor of Stoutmire) and is willing to mzke changes for the sake of winning. Oh what a breath of fresh air!!!

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bellamy is not a good cover guy. Fortunately (and somewhat unfortunately, too) for us, he's still a better cover guy than Stoutmire.
Let's hope he can cover better than Stoutmire. Bellamy's play against the run has been excellent for the most part.

OP
Super Dad

Super Dad

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Vernon Davis is not going to be easy to match up with, I just hope Bellamy is up to the task.

jazzjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Omar goes for the knockout and misses some tackles. He has had some big hits for us this year. Jay diagnoses the play very well and is seldom beat on the run. I hope Harper is continuing to learn from them both. I'd play one as an LB in the red zone between the 10 and 20 yard line.

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Vernon Davis is not going to be easy to match up with, I just hope Bellamy is up to the task.
Well, somebody's stopping him: in 11 games, he has six DNPs,five games played, and six catches, but only one in his last four games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom