Bellamy in Stoutmire out? (1 Viewer)

Vernon Davis is not going to be easy to match up with, I just hope Bellamy is up to the task.

Well, somebody's stopping him: in 11 games, he has six DNPs,five games played, and six catches, but only one in his last four games.

He broke his leg early and has been looking for a breakout game and we need to make sure that does not happen Sunday

Safeties must be coverage-first guys. The minute you start a "run-stopping safety" then you admit the defeat of your front 7, and cause the defeat of your secondary as well. That's what Atlanta did this year.

When Bellamy moved to SS from FS, he's been very solid. No worries for me.

Bellamy played poorly when he played the FS position. When he moved over to SS, if you'll recall, he acquitted himself nicely, earning the praise of many long-time posters on this forum (including those who panned his performance as SS, myself included).

Haslett had been playing him out of position so that he could play Tebucky at the SS spot. Idiot.

EDIT: Didn't see Jacob's post prior to posting this. But what Jacob said, too.

This is a move that should have taken place a week after we re-signed Bellamy. Dare I say that we will see improved play from Bullocks as a result of having Bellamy back there calling the defensive secondary adjustments. I'm just sorry it took Payton this long to realize what many people already knew.

Good call. I never made the connection, but maybe bellamy's absense is responsible for Bullocks decline. We promoted Harper way to quick

I disagree about the comment of promoting Harper to quickly. Sure he is inexperienced, but he was making alot of progress before his injury and I would much rather see him back there than Stoutmire or Bellamy.

Look at the play where Crumpler was wide open and ran the ball down to the Atl 1 yard line. Stoutmire was on Crumpler and when Crumpler broke out, instead of changing direction and going with Crumpler, Stoutmire did a big loop around and you don't see him in the picture again until about the 15 yard line.

I have seen him use this same poor technique many times this year and everytime the reciever is left wide open.

Bellamy had a Pro Bowl year in 2004. How did he go from being so good to being below average in one year?

Just because the team wanted to go younger doesn't mean that Bellamy had regressed that poorly as a player. Look at Freddie Mac, we had to bring him back too.

Experience with Bellamy and youth with Bullocks is a good match. I'm glad that Jay is back with us.

Its kinda funny that we cut Freddie every year. Yet he keeps coming back and making the difference at his position. I think Bellamy is probably slower then used to be, but hes still better then Stoutmire just based on pure skill alone.

I disagree about the comment of promoting Harper to quickly. Sure he is inexperienced, but he was making alot of progress before his injury and I would much rather see him back there than Stoutmire or Bellamy.

Dont get me wrong he's gonna be very good, but I think that Bullocks needs guidance and Harper is to fresh to provide it. For example in game 1 against Tampa when BOTH safties bit on play action TWICE. When Tampa was max protect and Galloway WAS THE ONLY RECIEVER IN. This is something that will correct itself in time, but our last line of defense has to be more experienced.

So Bryon Scott must really stink huh. I knew he wasn't very good from his ATL days, but I still thought he was better than an aged Bellamy... I know alot of you really like Jay, but he scares the cr@p outta me when I see him in there in passing situations.

Jay and Omar will both be needed. Don't look now but those who want to see more of Clark are probably going to get their wish.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom