Bellicheck an embarassment (1 Viewer)

Just cause they aint winning does not mean we have to get a new team. The fact is we CARE about the Saints. Not the Saints WINNING, we care about the saints. If they lose it hurts. Doesn't mean we have to find someone new to love.

That's all I'm saying. I think that the love that most of us have for the Saints exceeds the desire that we have for them to win. That would be something more important than winning.

Honestly I wouldn't care if they never won a Super Bowl, as long as they stayed in New Orleans.

Thats fine, if thats how you see it. But I think its been minimalized. And its not just the cockiness, its being sore winners and losers. Thinking the NFL belongs to them.

Please give examples of how the Patriot players have acted cocky. Every time I saw a player talk to the media they said the right thing. It's only BB that people hate because he's hard to like. I saw the post Super Bowl interviews for the Patriots and everybody, I say again, EVERYBODY gave the Giants all the props in the world for beating them!! Randy Moss even said they couldn't match their intensity, and that the Giants wanted it more. The illogical hatred for a sports team needs to end.

I've got one. Rodney Harrison getting in Brian Billick's face and talking trash during the Ravens/Pats game. Not talking trash to a player, but making a trip to the opposing sideline to jaw with the head coach of the other team. Classy.

Well the SAINTS haven't consistently won anything throughout their existence. So why would people concerned with the SAINTS winning follow them at all if they never win? It would seem to me to be a waste of time.

Because one of the greatest feelings in the world would be a Saints Super Bowl victory. That's why we put up with all of the losing seasons, because we want a trophy just as bad as the players do. If we cared about things other than winning than we would have stopped being Saints fans, or I should say I would. I'm not putting up with losing season after losing season if I know for a fact we are never going to win a Super Bowl. I'd start cheering for a team that had a chance.

Last edited:
I've got one. Rodney Harrison getting in Brian Billick's face and talking trash during the Ravens/Pats game. Not talking trash to a player, but making a trip to the opposing sideline to jaw with the head coach of the other team. Classy.

So the one instance from Harrison warrants the hatred for an entire team? I'm afraid there needs to be a whole slew of instances from various players in order to crown a team as unlikable.

Because one of the greatest feelings in the world would be a Saints Super Bowl victory. That's why we put up with all of the losing seasons, because we want a trophy just as bad as the players do. If we cared about things other than winning than we would have stopped being Saints fans.

Well that doesn't translate into "winning is the only thing that matters". That just means that the dreaming, and the wishing, and the eternal optimism that we all have for the Saints to win is what we cherish the most. The struggle and the road to possibly winning is totally different than "winning is the only thing that matters"

People that only want to follow teams that win, those are the fans that I would classify as "winning is the only thing that matters".

Well that doesn't translate into "winning is the only thing that matters". That just means that the dreaming, and the wishing, and the eternal optimism that we all have for the Saints to win is what we cherish the most. The struggle and the road to possibly winning is totally different than "winning is the only thing that matters"

People that only want to follow teams that win, those are the fans that I would classify as "winning is the only thing that matters".

It's not that we only want to follow the Saints if they win, it's that we want to follow them because we know that they CAN win and we're from here. Would you still follow the Saints if you knew they would NEVER win a Super Bowl? If you would, it's like you want to be miserable. I don't. I know we can win a Super Bowl, in fact, I believe we'll be the next dynasty if we can get good players on defense.

Last edited:
Attitude is fine and is needed; for example, I'm one who actually enjoyed the Kyle Turley helmet incident because it did show some fire and passion for protecting his quarterback. But when your actions show a lack of respect for the game and your players -- leaving the field with 1 second left, despite the fact the refs plainly said the game was not over, and your own players having to go out for that last play -- THAT is the type of attitude I do NOT like. Yes, you can say that Turley's action showed a lack of respect and I can't deny that, but I also can't deny his motivation and passion. What was Bill's motivation to leave with 1 second left? To beat the crowd? HE LEFT HIS TEAM. Turley's actions were connected to standing up for his teammates; Bill's actions showed ZERO respect for his team.

Showing cockiness is fine. But I'm proud of the class our team shows. You can have attitude and cockiness and still have class.

And if the Saints had Bill as their coach, we loved him, but he left the field with 1 second left in a game, I could not excuse him; sorry. I'd be extremely disappointed and would hope that the local media would call him out for it. I expect my team to give their all for 60 minutes of play, and THAT INCLUDES THE COACH.

Yea thanks, you're putting everything out here that's been floating around in my head. Well said.

It's not that we only want to follow the Saints if they win, it's that we want to follow them because we know that they CAN win and we're from here. Would you still follow the Saints if you knew they would NEVER win a Super Bowl? If you would, it's like you want to be miserable. I don't. I know we can win a Super Bowl, in fact, I believe we'll be the next dynasty if we can get good players on defense.

Yes.

Don't be daft. The whole world has documented the things Rodney Harrison has done so don't play the "one time" card. How about some of the things I have already said, taunting the Giants inviting them to their celebration party, withdrawing from the ProBowl. You're right you shouldn't transfer hate to players because of a Coach, but alot of the players merit some. And I dont "hate". I dislike BB, and many of the other players.

Well that's how it had been phrased earlier in this post. "Winning is the only thing that matters" was the gist of what I heard earlier when that's not the case. The desire and hope to win is different from winning, and that's not the same as believing that winning is the only thing that matters. Bandwagoners who only care about winning don't have those feelings, and they don't have to, because they just jump to whatever team is winning. That's all that matters to them.

And the only hypothetical reason the Saints could never win a Super Bowl is if they moved from New Orleans, so no I wouldn't follow them if they moved.

Because one of the greatest feelings in the world would be a Saints Super Bowl victory. That's why we put up with all of the losing seasons, because we want a trophy just as bad as the players do. If we cared about things other than winning than we would have stopped being Saints fans, or I should say I would. I'm not putting up with losing season after losing season if I know for a fact we are never going to win a Super Bowl. I'd start cheering for a team that had a chance.

Well that wouldn't make you much of a Saints fan. If you would change teams because the Saints couldn't win. You wouldn't be a football fan for the right reasons.

Please give examples of how the Patriot players have acted cocky

I've got one. Rodney Harrison getting in Brian Billick's face and talking trash during the Ravens/Pats game.

So the one instance from Harrison warrants the hatred for an entire team

The thread is about Belichick. But if you want an additional reason the players are cocky. Remember after the Chargers game when the players were mocking Shawn Merriman? That was rubbing it into the face of the losing team. I’m no Merriman fan but to mock him with his machine gun firing dance was not exactly classy

Please give examples of how the Patriot players have acted cocky. Every time I saw a player talk to the media they said the right thing. It's only BB that people hate because he's hard to like. I saw the post Super Bowl interviews for the Patriots and everybody, I say again, EVERYBODY gave the Giants all the props in the world for beating them!! Randy Moss even said they couldn't match their intensity, and that the Giants wanted it more. The illogical hatred for a sports team needs to end.

Well, there have been some incidents, but really I don't have as much of a problem with that (some incidents that have been mentioned are pretty inexcuseable, however). The players get intense, and will do stupid things -- the Patriots just had more to brag about this year and were in the media spotlight, so of course we saw everything they did, ad nauseum. I truly think that's where so much "hatred" comes from...a result of the media shoving them down our throats.

I don't hate the team because of the coach. Overall they have said the right things, especially Moss. Credit to the Pats for turning his attitude around. I don't even have a problem with Belicheck's mumbling, 4-word press conferences. He's not a speaker. It doesn't mean he's "rude" or "short" with the press. Interviews are just not what he's good at. But his lack of good sportsmanship is why I don't like him...not because his team is winning, not because of ESPN, not even because of the gosh-awful hoodies he wears. It's the lack of respect he shows to others that bugs me. But really, I think a lot of the hatred for the Pats as a team is actually due to the media overload and ESPN lovefests...I "hate" USC for the same reason, and I really like their coach. :D

Well that wouldn't make you much of a Saints fan. If you would change teams because the Saints couldn't win. You wouldn't be a football fan for the right reasons.

The thing is is that every team has a chance, so I'll always be a fan of the Saints. Me and my friend will be season ticket holders for life. We'll probably die while sitting in our seats watching the Saints. Fact is that there are NO guarantees for a team to not win a Super Bowl, it was just a situational example to prove a point. I'm not going to invest emotionally in something that I know won't have any positive gains, it's not logical.

Yes.

Don't be daft. The whole world has documented the things Rodney Harrison has done so don't play the "one time" card. How about some of the things I have already said, taunting the Giants inviting them to their celebration party, withdrawing from the ProBowl. You're right you shouldn't transfer hate to players because of a Coach, but alot of the players merit some. And I dont "hate". I dislike BB, and many of the other players.

The only thing about Harrison that I have heard, besides the Billick incident was that he is a dirty player, but a very good player nonetheless. I don't know much about other players and other teams, so I wasn't being daft, I was showing my lack of knowledge and was asking for more than one example. I'll just take various people's word for it. Still, how does someone hate a team? I know people take the game way too seriously, but damn, to hate a team is illogical. What I think part of it is that some people hate the PLAYERS of the Patriots. If the Saints and the Patriots switched teams, we'd all still love the Saints, but some of us would hate the players we now would have, and they wouldn't hate the Patriots anymore.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom