Bellicheck an embarassment (1 Viewer)

The only thing about Harrison that I have heard, besides the Billick incident was that he is a dirty player, but a very good player nonetheless. I don't know much about other players and other teams, so I wasn't being daft, I was showing my lack of knowledge and was asking for more than one example. I'll just take various people's word for it. Still, how does someone hate a team? I know people take the game way too seriously, but damn, to hate a team is illogical. What I think part of it is that some people hate the PLAYERS of the Patriots. If the Saints and the Patriots switched teams, we'd all still love the Saints, but some of us would hate the players we now would have, and they wouldn't hate the Patriots anymore.

Well yea people hate the players not the team. But then again I think for most people "hate" is just a term they use. Like I don't hate the Panthers or Patriots, but I always say "I hate the Panthers". It more of an expression. Now I will say one of my best friends absolutely hates Reggie Bush. Why? I dont know. But its unreal and it drives me nuts because I'm a huge Reggie fan. And the worst part is he has no idea why he hates him, and all of the reasons he gives are dumb. But there are alot of players and coaches that you can make a case for "hating". Billicheck, Rodney Harrison, Jake Delhomme; all examples.

But for some people I guess winning is really the MOST important issue. Like it's needed to validate them being a fan. I dont know, apparently there are more people that feel that way than I thought.

The only thing about Harrison that I have heard, besides the Billick incident was that he is a dirty player, but a very good player nonetheless. I don't know much about other players and other teams, so I wasn't being daft, I was showing my lack of knowledge and was asking for more than one example. I'll just take various people's word for it. Still, how does someone hate a team? I know people take the game way too seriously, but damn, to hate a team is illogical. What I think part of it is that some people hate the PLAYERS of the Patriots. If the Saints and the Patriots switched teams, we'd all still love the Saints, but some of us would hate the players we now would have, and they wouldn't hate the Patriots anymore.

Of course when people say they hate a team, they really mean the people associated with that team. A team in and of itself isn't actually tangible, so when people say "I hate the Patriots", yes they mean a lot of the people that are a part of that team. And I honestly don't even think that they "hate" them, so to speak.

And that's what I've been saying all along. If we were to suddenly switch rosters, yes I would still love the Saints organization. However I wouldn't just all of a sudden like Rodney Harrison, or Teddy Bruschi. I would like the fact that they are winning for us, but they wouldn't be my favorite players just because they play for the Saints.

Great thread..

My personal opinion is happiness. Just well, happiness regarding the entire subject. It pleases me to think about Bellicheat being so upset he had to leave the field early while the entire country watched on. A cheating coward, what a brilliant combo, eh?

Meanwhile, Randy "I run over the meter maid and play when I wanna play" Moss and Donte "tardy except when I can get a free ride for a ring" Stallworth still dont have a ring...

Good times and it was nice to see Stallworth and Moss get that far only to fail..

I love it.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom