Bellicheck an embarassment (1 Viewer)

Actually you go to the sideline and wait for the play to be run. It's called sportsmanship.

If that means he had to congratulate Coughlin twice, so be it.

Belichick was one of the first to go into the field and start the postgame rush. It wasn't like he was following the lead of others and got caught in a bad situation. He precipitated it. Was it to attempt to deprive Manning of the "victory formation"?

It's sad. Most people on this board hate other people's success. One thing I have noticed is, and I won't mention names, that it is the posters that contribute less to this board than the average that trash talk Bill and Patriots. There are the exceptions, though.

Is it the 9th beer in me, or did you post the exact same thing in another thread? But I agree, but maybe in a different manner. I can't understand how anybody can hate a team in a sport. Maybe some players, maybe some coaches, but to hate an entire team based on past things? I'm not a believer in the sins of the father thing, so to hate the 49ers now just because they won Super Bowls and prevented us from winning any is mind boggling to me. I said it before, and I will again, I will NEVER understand how someone can hate a team, and they can never make me understand. It's not logical to hate a team just because they prevented your team from winning. It's a sport, we're lucky we get to go to the game. If the NFL wanted it, they could make every game closed off to fans like a real job. That's what the NFL is, a job, but one that happens to be a game. I'll stop rambling now. Tallyho.:happy0005:

yeah I don't buy that, he knew there was :01 left on the clock. They showed him walking off the field too the locker room, and you can see the whole time he was walking back he was looking up at the scoreboard. Did anyone else see this?

Man, just think about it for a second. The Patriots are 18-0, and with talk about being the best team in history, and they just lost the Superbowl to a random team that came out of nowhere. And the game clock starts ticking down and is at 2 seconds. Thats it. Gone from best team in the history of the NFL to the biggest failure in the history of sports. What do you think Bill Belichick was thinking.

Man, I gotta say that was a sad game to watch.

On no you didnt!

You're gonna sit here and try and tell me that Mr B, master of all that is football knowledge, rule stickler, and challenger of a 1 foot off the field, 12 man on the field penalty, didn't realize there was still 1 second left on the clock?

Then you're going to tell me, out of all the asistants, field staff, *players*, etc that were left over that he simply didnt get that message and... oopsied?

Please, please, ***PLEASE*** try to go into that discussion.

Bill is a sore winner, and an even more sore loser.

What amazes me more than what anyone would expect from a personality like that, is that maybe, *just maybe* you could hold that personality in check for 5 minutes, just once, and maybe show a little class.

Not for any other simple, single reason, than to, "NOT LEAVE YOUR TEAM BEHIND YOU."

One word: "Inexcusable."

Go Saints!
Rick

He thought the game was over. To play devils advocate. Aren't the Giants sore winners for celebrating in the middle of the field before the game was even over?

To play devils advocate, the Giants thought the game was over as well. That being said, the Giants did realize right away the game wasn't over and I am sure there is enough people in the Patriots organization that could have stopped him and said Hey, The Game isn't over yet.

This is the same guy that brushed past Peyton Manning after last year's AFCCG and wouldn't shake his hand when Peyton had his extended. Like DummerRick said, Bill is a sore loser.

If Randy Moss or Plaxico Burress had left the field earlier he'd be chided in the media and by fans for being a sore loser. The same goes for the coach.

Sore winner and even worse loser.

The football Gods don't smile kindly on repeatedly cheating the system, playing dirty and disrespecting the game.

These posts are pathetic. Belicheck set a record being the first team to go 18-0. No he didn't get 19 wins but he still did something amazing that had never been seen.

Hmmmm "somebody" has their "Luv Belicheat" goggles on big time.....
Fact is:

Belicheat is a class-less loser in every fashion..... yeah yeah yeah, you can go on and say "Ohhh but he went 18-0 etc.." and all that, but you do realize that comes with one of the biggest asterisks ever in sports history... Even the commentators before the game said that the 18-0 doesnt have any significance what so ever unless they go on to win the SB, and I totally agree with that...... Go ahead and luv your Belicheat, but to me and millions of others; he's the most pathetic idiot I've ever seen not only in the NFL, but all professional sports......

I can't believe how people could actually stand up for this guy????

I started a post concerning this last night and only a couple were standing up for him.

In this post, I see a lot more.

Why??? He LEFT his team to lose the super bowl on the field!!! 1 second remaining. I don't care if they had a chance to win or not. You do NOT leave YOUR team to finish 1 play without you.

The man had just a small amount of respect in my book for winning those super bowls but he flushed that all away with the CLASSLESS actions last night.

He DESERVED to lose this game!!

I disagree. He knew there was still one play left because the officials told him directly they had to run one more play. Instead of returning to his sideline like others had done he ran to the lockeroom leaving his team on the field to finish the game. It was classless!

This is a disrespect for the game ... the biggest and most cherished game of the NFL. The game is not over till the clock reads 00:00 and he knows that.

I'll agree that when he first crossed the field and congratulated Coughlin, the clock had run down to 0:00. I have no problem with that; and I don't even think it would have been necessary to even shake Coughlin's hand a second time -- would have been the classy thing to do, but I can let that one go. But STAY WITH YOUR TEAM...the refs told him that there was one second left, and he leaves the field anyway. THAT is classless. It showed no respect for his team, his opponent, the referees who informed him of the 1 second remaining, and the game of football. I'd be just as disappointed in Payton if he pulled a stunt like that. There was NO excuse to not stay on the field until the game was officially over. Personally, I think a fine should be given for pulling that. Again, it shows no respect for the game and the players.

The fact is the Patriots had a huge season and just lost in a very close tough game. Hats off to both teams. As to BB leaving early, I thoought the game clock had expired as well. Maybe he should have ran back to the sidelines for the last snap, not that big of deal.

These posts are pathetic. Belicheck set a record being the first team to go 18-0. No he didn't get 19 wins but he still did something amazing that had never been seen.

Dude, he didn't say he's not a "great coach." His record as a head coach over the past several years is awesome.

But I do agree with him being an "embarassment" to coaching when it come to things like mumbling through a 4 minute, post game press conference. I don't know why the media even bother asking him questions any more. You know you're not going to get anything meaningful out his answer! And YES...he should have waited for the end of the game before leaving the field! I know it was only 1 second, but it's the principle of the thing! He's an NFL head coach...you don't leave the field until it's over! Everyone jumped all over Randy moss a few years ago when he walked off early, well Belicheat is no better! Classless move.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom