Bellicheck an embarassment (1 Viewer)

It was very classless of him, he knew there was time left on the clock the official told them both when they were shaking hands. If was on the winning side he would stayed for the last second play. His actions make it official that he is a jerk and sore loser.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-5-366/Belichick-has-left-the-building---a-second-early.html

Patriots coach Bill Belichick didn't stick around long enough to watch the Giants celebrate their 17-14 victory. When Tom Brady's Hail Mary pass to Randy Moss fell incomplete with a second to go, Belichick made a beeline to greet Giants coach Tom Coughlin before proceeding directly to the locker room.

The only problem is that NFL rules require that the entire game be played out. Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady were long gone, but the Patriots defense had to jog back onto the field. After the game, linebacker Junior Seau told me he was almost to the locker room when someone said the game wasn't over. Seau came jogging out of the tunnel for the final play. Belichick cooled his heels in the locker room.

He was asked why he left the field with time left on the clock, but I don't think he understood the question. By my count, Belichick didn't have an answer longer than eight words in his post-game news conference

I could care less if Belichek shook hands mid field, but as a player I would be pretty mad that I had to stay out on the field for that 1 second to finish the game while my coach fled to the locker room. I have an issue with him doing that to his players.

I've always stated my dislike for Bellicheck, so I was not surprised when he left the field 1 second. Yes, everyone thought the game was over at first. The Officials, however, told them that 1 second was put on the clock and a play must be ran. He knew this and to say he didn't is ridiculous. He has shown over and over, in a win or loss, what kind of person he is. He shoves people out of the way, yells at them, refuses to shake hands or gives a non-chalant shake. The guy is too full of himself and he deserved to be knocked down a notch or two.
I thought when the Giants lined back up, they knew Bellichek was already gone. I was saying kick a field goal on them. Add 3 pts. If he wanted to be a baby about it, I say rub it in. I even picked the Giants to win by 3 a long time ago.

It was pretty obvious the Pats HC had little-to-no class well before the end of that game last night.

I'm just glad they lost! I'm glad I won't have to hear about "perfection" any longer... and most of all, I'm glad Randy Moss doesn't have a ring.

In all fairness to both teams, NFL rules require that a Super Bowl be finished even with one second remaining. However, in regular season games players and coaches leave the sidelines with several seconds remaining when there is no doubt left to the outcome.

Both coaches left the sidelines with one second left, as did the players, fans, security, and so forth. The last play was strictly a formality, it was obvious that Manning would take a knee.

In all reality, this is a non-issue.

Last edited:
for me it was the post came interview with Chris Meyers. He said MAYBE 5 words total and bolted. I understand the dissappointment, but as a head coach you must be prepared to deal with these things. HE clearly wasnt. Pretty sore in my book.

Other teams have gone 18-1. Difference is, they won the Super Bowl

:plus-un2:

I am giving BillB the benefit of the doubt that the thought the game was over and probably was embarrassed that he left and didn't come back out because of that, not because of losing.

It was pretty obvious the Pats HC had little-to-no class well before the end of that game last night.

I'm just glad they lost! I'm glad I won't have to hear about "perfection" any longer... and most of all, I'm glad Randy Moss doesn't have a ring.

AGREED about Pats HC

AGREED about Randy "I'm the best receiver in history" Moss.

Glad Moss doesn't have a ring as well. Also more than a little happy that Donte "Nicco" Stallworth and Junior Seau don't have rings either. - Stallworth because I still feel like he's a little punk and Seau because he used a loophole that allowed him to get out of a contract with a losing team, retire and then sign with a winning team. Lost a lot of respect for Seau that day.

On no you didnt!

You're gonna sit here and try and tell me that Mr B, master of all that is football knowledge, rule stickler, and challenger of a 1 foot off the field, 12 man on the field penalty, didn't realize there was still 1 second left on the clock?

Then you're going to tell me, out of all the asistants, field staff, *players*, etc that were left over that he simply didnt get that message and... oopsied?

Please, please, ***PLEASE*** try to go into that discussion.

Bill is a sore winner, and an even more sore loser.

What amazes me more than what anyone would expect from a personality like that, is that maybe, *just maybe* you could hold that personality in check for 5 minutes, just once, and maybe show a little class.

Not for any other simple, single reason, than to, "NOT LEAVE YOUR TEAM BEHIND YOU."

One word: "Inexcusable."

Go Saints!
Rick

Agreed. I had no ill feelings toward the Pats and their success until the Colts/Pats game this year when Belicheck snubbed Dungy. It was then that it was obvious that Coach B's antics were calculated and he he relished being the "bad boy." I lost a lot of respect for him then. Great coach, but his antics have grown old and childish.

Sore loser

I agree totally with the original post. Bill is a sore loser and full of pride. It also amazes me that on our (Saints) board that fans of other teams come on here to post smart*** comments. If your a member of a football board you probably like the game of football. If you are so immature that you can't enjoy a good game and others success then you haven't been a Saints fan very long. We have had to eat more than our share of humble pie, and have most of the time done it with some class. For poor Bill not to get his perfect season and walk away like a sulking baby proves just why I hate what he stands for. If my memory serves me correctly, it was his star receiver (Moss) that walked off the field in the past with a play remaining and got blasted for it. Bill set a great example that the game of football is all about "TEAM" and not just "ME". Thanks Bill for proving me right - Your a Jerk! :9:

LOL I just read this on another board and It would have been a fitting way to end the game if ya ask me, in light of Billy boy leaving in all.

"yeah on the last play eli should have dropped back and thrown it deep for 7. then coughlin could have said 'well kneeling on it is sort of rubbing it in, i figured by running a play we were giving them a chance to stop us!"

Sound familiar, lol... the day just keeps getting better.

In all fairness to both teams, NFL rules require that a Super Bowl be finished even with one second remaining. However, in regular season games players and coashes leave the sidelines with several seconds remaining when there is no doubt left to the outcome.

Both coaches left the sidelines with one second left, as did the players, fans, security, and so forth. The last play was strictly a formality, it was obviously that Manning would take a knee.

In all reality, this is a non-issue.

Easy....easy.....don't get in the way of the Patriot hate here with all that common sense.:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom