Ben Boulware? (1 Viewer)

I love the guys energy. He's a winner. His coaches and fellow players seem to love him. He's a guy that I'd love to see in the B&G. He'd be a special teams standout, from what a lot of draft watchers think. Goodness knows we need help all over our special teams play.

Maybe worth a late 4th or 5th round pickup?!?

https://medium.com/nfl-draft/ben-boulware-ilb-clemson-1f617bfc98fc#.ldd2uw5pq

Clemson football: Brent Venables, Ben Boulware form perfect pairing | SI.com

Don't call Clemson Tigers linebacker Ben Boulware a dirty player

Ben Boulware*|*Clemson,*ILB*:*2017 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Bouleware is a polarizing prospect. Obviously he's a talented player, but he may never adjust to NFL speed. He doesn't look like the high level athlete that makes up 99% of NFL LBs. But, on tape (especially in the CFPCG) he looked a lot faster and explosive than what I previously thought he was. He showed elite instincts, quick diagnosis, willingness to take on blocks and most importantly, sure tackling.. I think with Bouleware you're looking at a player that's either going to test faster than first glance and creep into late day 1/early 2 and be an absolute steal, or he's going to go the route of the many college thumpers with athletic limitations and struggle to make it in the league.. It's weird but I don't see an inbetween. Either he's Kuechly or he's Scooby.

I will take #10 from bama please

Foster is a player you build your defense around. Alabama's defenses have always been good, but this year they had an element of nastiness and I think Foster brought that. It reminds me of Ray Lewis not only for the way he moves but for the way he brings aggression to the unit.

If you want an identity for your defense, Foster is the guy.

I would like to see more on him. He is playing behind one of the best defensive lines in college football which can often mask deficiencies. Seems like we drafted another Clemson linebacker who's pro game is not as consistent as his college game was...

Boulware looks kind of slow.

If you want a LBer that will play for 10+ years and you can build a defense around him, you get Ruben Foster. Dude is the truth.

he reminds me a lot of Steve Gleason. Stud, undersized, overachieving LB in college that will be a very good special teamer in the NFL at best.

I said in another thread.
Tyler matakavich pt 2. Productive college lb with athletic limitations. If drafted, Special teamer that will be hard to cut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Excellent college player but I don't think he has what it takes to take it to the next level. He reminds me a lot of Chase Thomas from Stanford who was a superb collegiate talent yet went undrafted for his limitations. And hasn't been much more than a camp body in the NFL.

Typical NFL scouts and GMs.

Lets focus it all on measurables and ignore production.

There are more examples of scouts being right on guys like this than there are of scouts being wrong. We only hear about the misses that turn into great players while all the ones they were right on grading low fade into oblivion.

I like Boulware but I don't think he will time well (I am thinking he'll run in the 4.8s). He's a very limited athlete that may struggle at the next level, especially in coverage.

I think he could be a beast special teamer. He's probably more of a round 4 through 6 prospect IMO.

Reuben Foster <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r-lx0hVrVM0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Late rounds. <a href="https://t.co/ALbuqYnWax">https://t.co/ALbuqYnWax</a></p>&mdash; Dane Brugler (@dpbrugler) <a href="https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/818838936797724672">January 10, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bouleware is a polarizing prospect. Obviously he's a talented player, but he may never adjust to NFL speed. He doesn't look like the high level athlete that makes up 99% of NFL LBs. But, on tape (especially in the CFPCG) he looked a lot faster and explosive than what I previously thought he was. He showed elite instincts, quick diagnosis, willingness to take on blocks and most importantly, sure tackling.. I think with Bouleware you're looking at a player that's either going to test faster than first glance and creep into late day 1/early 2 and be an absolute steal, or he's going to go the route of the many college thumpers with athletic limitations and struggle to make it in the league.. It's weird but I don't see an inbetween. Either he's Kuechly or he's Scooby.

I agree with a lot of this bit Boil ware as a late 1st early 2nd I don't see it. He doesn't have the speed or quickness for thebNFL. He looks like a late 3rd to 5th round pick.

I think he could end up being a solid 2 down LB at the NFL level.

Boulware looks kind of slow.

If you want a LBer that will play for 10+ years and you can build a defense around him, you get Ruben Foster. Dude is the truth.

Not a huge fan for as high as he will be drafted. Will take him a while to adjust to NFL and will have to play within a system that will not let him freelance as much as he likes to do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom