N/S Ben Roethlisberger could be on the open market if current deal cannot get restructured (OP Speculation) (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score

He needs to restructure like Drew or retire, I can't imagine him on another team. There's no way they are going to pay him 41 mil. They're also in the same as us these past few years with the need to start funding potential replacement(s).

He needs to restructure like Drew or retire, I can't imagine him on another team. There's no way they are going to pay him 41 mil. They're also in the same as us these past few years with the need to start funding potential replacement(s).

Folks can say what they want about Brees, but I am most grateful for how open he always was to his backups. They had access to his routine and his coaches. His leadership on that eNd contributed to why we were 8-1 with two vastly different QB’s being under center.

He didn’t let his ego get in the way of grooming for the future. Unlike the Ben’s and Aaron’s of the world, Drew (since being a Saint) has always been close with his backups.

They are not going to pay him $41 million. That is his cap hit, $22.25 million of which was already paid. He has said he is not worried about his salary, he just wants to play. He is due a $4 million salary and $15 million roster bonus. I would imagine they could restructure or if he just waives the roster bonus.

Folks can say what they want about Brees, but I am most grateful for how open he always was to his backups. They had access to his routine and his coaches. His leadership on that eNd contributed to why we were 8-1 with two vastly different QB’s being under center.

He didn’t let his ego get in the way of grooming for the future. Unlike the Ben’s and Aaron’s of the world, Drew (since being a Saint) has always been close with his backups.
Don’t forget Favre wasn’t a mentor to Rodgers either. Drew as always been a “team guy”. If you’ve ever seen the QB challenge stuff you can see it was a close knit group.

I agree but it wasn't like he was playing for free. :cool:

They are not going to pay him $41 million. That is his cap hit, $22.25 million of which was already paid. He has said he is not worried about his salary, he just wants to play. He is due a $4 million salary and $15 million roster bonus. I would imagine they could restructure or if he just waives the roster bonus.
Okay, so it's actually 19 million.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom