Ben Watson doesn't look too happy about this (4 Viewers)

This once again reminds me of how I wish I could magically dub in the voices and personas of the legends in place of what you see now. Madden & Summerall…..Enberg & Olsen….Jackson & Broyles for college games…then behind the desk would be Musberger, Irv Cross and yes, Jimmy The Greek, too.

That’s a bit of an overreaction. It’s like that kid that got livid about yo mama jokes in school. It shows a lack of ability to control your emotions and a failure to read the intent.
Or some people don't like cheap jokes being made about their wives because of the amount of respect they have for them.

That’s a bit of an overreaction. It’s like that kid that got livid about yo mama jokes in school. It shows a lack of ability to control your emotions and a failure to read the intent.
It's one thing to tell wife/mom jokes in private but on TV with millions of people watching is a very different story. And who knows what kind of grief his wife would give him if he hadn't done anything.

Exactly… if you get that PO’ed because some knucklehead makes a joking comment like that, then that tells me that Watson doesn’t really trust his wife… and that Watson has no sense of humor.

I don’t want a friend I can’t joke with. This is a work scenario, but I’m guessing the other anchors consider Ben a friend.
Well then they should have known how he feels about jokes being made about his wife then. I am not even his friend but I would know better than to make a joke about her to him.

On the contrary, it shows a lack of both maturity and professionalism on the part of the idiot who said it. It was not funny. It was juvenile and poor taste. He needed to have an attitude adjustment. Ben is a family man who honors his wife and kids. Shame on the idiot who took liberties at both Ben's wife's and Ben's expense.

And they are not in high school anymore. Smh

It's one thing to tell wife/mom jokes in private but on TV with millions of people watching is a very different story. And who knows what kind of grief his wife would give him if he hadn't done anything.
Just getting ready to post this. Since he chose to do that on National TV....he put Ben in an awkward position.

Exactly… if you get that PO’ed because some knucklehead makes a joking comment like that, then that tells me that Watson doesn’t really trust his wife… and that Watson has no sense of humor.

Yeah. I mean, what if he made a joke about one of Watson's kids? Or a disabled kid? I mean, $#%^ Watson for having no sense of humor. I mean, suggesting intimacy with a friend's wife is just a barrel of refined chuckles when you do it on national tv, right?

Because really, anytime a grown man reacts that way about a joke about his wife it clearly has NOTHING to do with his respect & love for her and her wishes and is instead entirely about his own inadequacy and failings. Ribald jokes about implied intimacy are just lures to draw out men with trust issues.

Good thing SR doesn't allow users to make threads about anyone's wife.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom