Ben Watson doesn't look too happy about this (14 Viewers)

Saintamaniac

Purple & Gold for Life
Reaction score
The thing is some dudes play differently than you do. If you don't know they are comfortable playing with you like that, then this can happen. I learned this the hard way too.
There are just some things you don't joke about especially if you don't have history with that person. And you damn sure don't joke about it on a national broadcast. The guy wasn't a comedian and Watson's wife isn't a public figure. The dude just got way too far out of line with Watson. I'm sure that's a line that won't be crossed again.

saints4eva

We are the Who Dat Nation-we will always persevere
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There are just some things you don't joke about especially if you don't have history with that person. And you damn sure don't joke about it on a national broadcast. The guy wasn't a comedian and Watson's wife isn't a public figure. The dude just got way too far out of line with Watson. I'm sure that's a line that won't be crossed again.

Hear hear!

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Some guys are ok with locker room trash talking about their wives/gfs and some aren't. I was one of those guys who wasn't so I understand if Watson wasn't happy. These guys should already know how big of a family man Watson is and should've known that was a topic to stay away from.
Yep. That was stupid and had no where to fall but badly

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I hear you on the offended thing but at the same time I think people need to realize that "not everyone is their best friend" so to speak. The boundaries you have with one person, or group of people for that matter, are not always the same as with the next, and that's even more so in a professional setting as well as on a public platform. If you're gonna make that kind of joke on a TV broadcast then you better be certain sure the person you're making it with is on that level with you.
There's no one I know of at work or friend wise I'm at or will ever be on that level with. Likewise I wouldn't comment on someones partner to their face or even more so behind their back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom