Ben Watson doesn't look too happy about this (1 Viewer)

Imagine if we all here got a chance to crack on your loved ones for a bit on live TV. Phan78's grandma, come on down. Phan78's niece, you're next. That is crude and insensitive.
Yea it would be crude.

But i have enough control over my emotions to wait until i am done working to talk with the guy about it.

Grown men over 30 don't joke like that, and that's the type of stuff that will get you knocked out.
Reminds me of a story from high school. I was dating this girl (and dated her for a while.) My best friend at the time made a crude comment about her to me. I told him if he wasn't my best friend I would've laid him out right there. I told him to not ever make comments like that to me again. He was shocked and apologized to me because he had no idea it would upset me. But...he never made another comment about her to me after that. We were 17 at the time. So yes, maybe expected at that age with teenage boys...but not grown professional men with families...on National TV.

Exactly… if you get that PO’ed because some knucklehead makes a joking comment like that, then that tells me that Watson doesn’t really trust his wife… and that Watson has no sense of humor.
Has nothing to do with trusting his wife. There was a boundary crossed, joke or not, it's not funny. The fact they were singling him out over a suit was childish too. You never talk about hitting up another man's wife. You should especially know this coming from the South.

Clearly you haven't been around a bunch of Marines who've been on deployments. :hihi:
Totally different scenario. In the Military, you need this kind of humor to get past the stuff we see on deployments. I'm a Veteran and what he said was out of line. On deployments, we say all kinds of messed up stuff. Just got to watch out for those Navy guys.

Has nothing to do with trusting his wife. There was a boundary crossed, joke or not, it's not funny. The fact they were singling him out over a suit was childish too. You never talk about hitting up another man's wife. You should especially know this coming from the South.
Whatever dude… Watson got butt-hurt because of a “one off” joke. Funny or not, it was a joke, and Watson looks like a touchy little punk (IF what happened afterwards was him confronting the other guy)

Ben Watson's a good guy.
I don’t dispute that one bit… Watson is a great dude, and he’s done (and continues to do) great things for the community among other great things.

It’s just in this case he made a mountain out of a molehill and played victim like this was some kind of wildly inappropriate attack on his wife! It was a joke! Unfortunately that’s where our society is at nowadays. Of course 21 Jump Street has-been Holly Robinson-Peete had to jump in and try to fan the flames. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Just curious, if someone tells you they felt offended by something your said or did, is your first response to tell them that they are overreacting?

Whether or not Watson was overreacting is irrelevant. The other guy doesn't get to determine what offends Watson and that would be the exact opposite of the right thing to do. I guess it's a matter of how one is raised because I was raised to apologize if I offend someone, not try to justify what I said or did by telling the person I offended that they are overreacting.
I am offended by your post and demand an apology

Yeah I don't think studio football show panelist is a good fit for Ben. If you can't yuk it up like the guys on NBA on TNT, then maybe stick to pastoral counseling and Bible study teacher.

Totally different scenario. In the Military, you need this kind of humor to get past the stuff we see on deployments. I'm a Veteran and what he said was out of line. On deployments, we say all kinds of messed up stuff. Just got to watch out for those Navy guys.
I get what you're saying and due to my background, I probably would have retorted with something like, Oh yeah? How's your mom and my kids?" or possibly something worse. :hihi: But, I do have to remember when I'm around friends who aren't veterans that I have to catch myself from making jokes like that.

I am offended by your post and demand an apology
I am sorry that my post has caused you offense. Please accept my apology.

Hey everybody, look at this clown getting all sensitive because I made a post about not making jokes about someone's wife. What a rube.

And that is how you offer an apology when someone is offended by something you said without trying to dictate to the offended party what they should or should not be offended by.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom