Ben Watson doesn't look too happy about this (1 Viewer)

I think you are being obtuse. Did you see the tweet Watson made after the incident demanding a public apology to his wife? Watson was mad. Watson is very devout in his faith and his family and he's the kind of person who will not allow anyone to disrespect him or his family. The "joke" crossed the line ON NATIONAL TV.
Nope, I don't do social media but I think you're right if that's that the case.

I am sorry that my post has caused you offense. Please accept my apology.

Hey everybody, look at this clown getting all sensitive because I made a post about not making jokes about someone's wife. What a rube.

And that is how you offer an apology when someone is offended by something you said without trying to dictate to the offended party what they should or should not be offended by.
I am even more offended by your feigned apology :cry:

Has it been determined whether this was real or "a bit" a la Chris Everett?

I see a bunch responses about friendly jokes/jabs about someone’s wife. There is no such thing in my book, we’re gonna have words and possibly more.
I'm not saying it's ok. But you don't interrupt live television to handle it if that's your job. It makes Watson look weak, as if an off color joke would in any way threaten his or his wife's honor.

I don’t blame him for being P'Oed….at all. That was rude and on live tv. Edit: First off….we can joke all day long about whatever. But I will never, ever say anything like that to anyone. I’m not a sensitive person, but this is about respect. That’s his wife who had done nothing and clearly loves him, respects him. He does the same by making sure his wife likes how he looks. It’s deeper than “just a joke” that’s family, his best friend. They’ve had 7 children together….
All of whom probably heard the idiot insult both their Mother and Father .

I am even more offended by your feigned apology :cry:
The apology wasn't feigned. It was sincere and didn't attempt to diminish the offense that you took to my post.

The rest of my post was my opinion on you taking offense to my post. If that offends you then that's your problem and you should just blow it out your arse.

The apology wasn't feigned. It was sincere and didn't attempt to diminish the offense that you took to my post.

The rest of my post was my opinion on you taking offense to my post. If that offends you then that's your problem and you should just blow it out your arse.
Ever practice what you preach?

Just curious, if someone tells you they felt offended by something your said or did, is your first response to tell them that they are overreacting?

Whether or not Watson was overreacting is irrelevant. The other guy doesn't get to determine what offends Watson and that would be the exact opposite of the right thing to do. I guess it's a matter of how one is raised because I was raised to apologize if I offend someone, not try to justify what I said or did by telling the person I offended that they are overreacting.

While I agree it's not a "professional look" for Watson to get that hot and use that moment to correct the guy, but some of the criticism being thrown at him are ridiculous.

I'm not saying it's ok. But you don't interrupt live television to handle it if that's your job. It makes Watson look weak, as if an off color joke would in any way threaten his or his wife's honor.

By the same logic the idiot interrupted live television to insult Ben's wife and Ben without provocation. I say that makes him look weak not Ben. It shows much more about his weakness and insecurity that he felt the need to do that. Once he did, of course he had to face the consequences. Why should he be allowed to disrespect someone who isn't even there to defend herself? Of course Ben had every right to defend his wife.

Only a blathering idiot does something so thoughtless, tactless and tasteless, just downright rude like that.

As the saying goes:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

By the same logic the idiot interrupted live television to insult Ben's wife and Ben without provocation. I say that makes him look weak not Ben. It shows much more about his weakness and insecurity that he felt the need to do that. Once he did, of course he had to face the consequences. Why should he be allowed to disrespect someone who isn't even there to defend herself? Of course Ben had every right to defend his wife.

Only a blathering idiot does something so thoughtless, tactless and tasteless, just downright rude like that.

As the saying goes:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
It's not professionalism though.

Some clown throws a cream pie at you, as soon as you pick one up and throw it back at him, you are a clown too.

Sit down and tell him you got words for him after the show and be smiling when the camera cuts back on you.

Just cuz the other dude is "more wrong" or because your reaction is "understandable" or "justifiable" does not mean your reaction is the desirable or best reaction. First dude was wrong, but that doesn't mean Watson's approach is appropriately timed.

It's not professionalism though.

Some clown throws a cream pie at you, as soon as you pick one up and throw it back at him, you are a clown too.

Sit down and tell him you got words for him after the show and be smiling when the camera cuts back on you.

Just cuz the other dude is "more wrong" or because your reaction is "understandable" or "justifiable" does not mean your reaction is the desirable or best reaction. First dude was wrong, but that doesn't mean Watson's approach is appropriately timed.
He should have been able to control himself better than that, I agree. It was a crass, dumb joke that shouldn't have been made and especially in that situation however it wasn't so terribly egregious and it is one we've all kind of heard before in some form or fashion.

But he probably felt that it was embarrassing for his wife and kids if they were watching and he was probably seeing red so.. it happened I can't fault him too much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom