Ben Watson doesn't look too happy about this (1 Viewer)

When did he "insult" Bens wife? Did you even watch the 30 second video before commenting??

Yes of course I watched it. If you have to ask then I can't explain it to you because it is painfully obvious. If you don't think it was insulting I can't help you.

Yes of course I watched it. If you have to ask then I can't explain it to you because it is painfully obvious. If you don't think it was insulting I can't help you.
What did he say that insulted bens wife?

"that's not the one she sent me" are you referring to this comment? When everyone was chuckling?

How is that an insult? Everyone reaches so hard to feel offended it's ridiculous.

What did he say that insulted bens wife?

"that's not the one she sent me" are you referring to this comment? When everyone was chuckling?

How is that an insult? Everyone reaches so hard to feel offended it's ridiculous.

Your attitude is so "boys will be boys." You can give it a pass but that doesn't mean Ben has to just let boys be boys. It's his prerogative to address it the way he sees fit. Like I said, I can't help you.

By the same logic the idiot interrupted live television to insult Ben's wife and Ben without provocation. I say that makes him look weak not Ben. It shows much more about his weakness and insecurity that he felt the need to do that. Once he did, of course he had to face the consequences. Why should he be allowed to disrespect someone who isn't even there to defend herself? Of course Ben had every right to defend his wife.

Only a blathering idiot does something so thoughtless, tactless and tasteless, just downright rude like that.

As the saying goes:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
Both can be true. The other guy clearly has poor judgement and presents himself as something of a jester. He is not to be taken seriously. Watson has a different public persona and one would typically expect more.

To be frank, I don't understand a response like this. My saying that Watson made a misstep is not in any way justifying the other guy. Why would anyone think that?

Ever practice what you preach?
Sure do. That's why when you feigned being offended by my original post, I apologized and didn't question why you were offended by what I said. I offered you the apology you asked for. When you demonstrated that you weren't really offended but was just playing off of what I said, I joined in. If you can't accept my original apology and move on from that, then the only option left is for you to blow it out your arse.

But if you really are offended that I stated my opinion on how that situation should have been handled, then again, I apologize for offending you. And just to make sure that I don't offend you again with any further opinions, would you be so kind as to state exactly what part of my opinion you originally took offense with?

The thing is some dudes play differently than you do. If you don't know they are comfortable playing with you like that, then this can happen. I learned this the hard way too.

The thing is some dudes play differently than you do. If you don't know they are comfortable playing with you like that, then this can happen. I learned this the hard way too.
There are just some things you don't joke about especially if you don't have history with that person. And you damn sure don't joke about it on a national broadcast. The guy wasn't a comedian and Watson's wife isn't a public figure. The dude just got way too far out of line with Watson. I'm sure that's a line that won't be crossed again.

There are just some things you don't joke about especially if you don't have history with that person. And you damn sure don't joke about it on a national broadcast. The guy wasn't a comedian and Watson's wife isn't a public figure. The dude just got way too far out of line with Watson. I'm sure that's a line that won't be crossed again.

Hear hear!

Some guys are ok with locker room trash talking about their wives/gfs and some aren't. I was one of those guys who wasn't so I understand if Watson wasn't happy. These guys should already know how big of a family man Watson is and should've known that was a topic to stay away from.
Yep. That was stupid and had no where to fall but badly

I hear you on the offended thing but at the same time I think people need to realize that "not everyone is their best friend" so to speak. The boundaries you have with one person, or group of people for that matter, are not always the same as with the next, and that's even more so in a professional setting as well as on a public platform. If you're gonna make that kind of joke on a TV broadcast then you better be certain sure the person you're making it with is on that level with you.
There's no one I know of at work or friend wise I'm at or will ever be on that level with. Likewise I wouldn't comment on someones partner to their face or even more so behind their back.

I haven't read the whole thread, but i did watch the video. I know what it seems, but I do know Ben Watson's character and I know that no news anchors were harmed in this film. He pulled the guy aside and told him why he was wrong and the guy learned and apologized. All is right in the world.

I haven't read the whole thread, but i did watch the video. I know what it seems, but I do know Ben Watson's character and I know that no news anchors were harmed in this film. He pulled the guy aside and told him why he was wrong and the guy learned and apologized. All is right in the world.
Threads like this are interesting- there’s no actual evidence so everything is pretty much pure speculation and this comments are little more than psych profiles of the posters

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom