Ben Watson= Fleener (2 Viewers)

Fleener's thing isn't so much that he's dropping passes, but that he's not in the right spot. 9/10 if Drew just misses you, it's not because he under or over threw it, it's because you aren't in the right spot. But that will get better as the season goes on and he gets more reps.

He's had a couple hands drops. What I mean by that is he's had drops where it looks like he was uncomfortable catching it with his hands rather than his body and dropped it. That would be more concerning to me, but it's not like that's the case with every drop.

Then there's the issue that he's not Jimmy Graham or Watson, athletically. Drew threw him a couple Jimmy jump ups last week and that's just not gonna work with Fleener. So drew has to do his work as well to adjust to the type of passes Fleener is comfortable making.

You read one thing from butt-hurt Colts fans or know nothing Saints fans and suddenly it's gospel.

Fleener had only 3 drops with 54 catches in 2015. In 2014, only 5 drops with 51 catches. In 2013, he had 2 drops and 52 catches. Those are all very good drop rates.

Can you link to some NFL highlights that show Fleener making impressive catches? I looked up his highlight reel and can't find anything noteworthy. Nothing impressive to show that he has above average hands, just easy routine stuff that could be done by any average NFL tight end.

Try youtube

Can you link to some NFL highlights that show Fleener making impressive catches? I looked up his highlight reel and can't find anything noteworthy. Nothing impressive to show that he has above average hands, just easy routine stuff that could be done by any average NFL tight end.

Maybe he makes it look easy, hehe.

Maybe colby has it?

You read one thing from butt-hurt Colts fans or know nothing Saints fans and suddenly it's gospel.

Fleener had only 3 drops with 54 catches in 2015. In 2014, only 5 drops with 51 catches. In 2013, he had 2 drops and 52 catches. Those are all very good drop rates.

I think this is because contested passes that are "dropped" are considered a pass deflection and not a "drop" even though fans see it as a drop. So any contested pass that Fleener drops will not be statistically labeled as a drop

The OP speaks truth. I remember stating early in the 2015 season that I expected more from Watson. My post was made fun of. Weeks later he blew up.

But there is a problem with coaching that doesn't recognize this so that they can give him a few more weeks before heavily featuring him in a game plan....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

tumblr_my316bID301rmby1bo1_400.gif

I've watched Fleener in the preseason and the regular season and I've not seen anything that shows he's got good hands. From what I've seen he wants to body catch and that's not how Brees rolls. Drew likes to put the ball in places where only you can catch it and what is just my opinion this is exposing that Fleener isn't great at just reaching out and catching the ball.

I think it's that this is what we expect of our receivers that is making him uncomfortable in this offense. I suspect that Luck tailored his throws for Fleener and Drew isn't going to do this...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom