Ben Watson Is a Bad Tight End (1 Viewer)

Pocket Hercules

Always Locked In
Reaction score
Re: Hill - He thinks he's a slasher style runner when he clearly has no skills to elude tacklers.

He needs to learn his limitations and play accordingly.

(As far as I am concerned, he should just catch the ball, secure it, then go down if there's any defender near him.)
Watch more Saints football. I can think of a half dozen plays off the top of my head, including screen passes and plays on the goal line, where Hill made significant plays with his legs. You couldn't possibly be more wrong with this take.

VPCajun

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I'm unsure why Arnold is in the dog house.
Slight tangent - when Arnold didn't reel in the ball that was then Int'd by the Kitties, Arnold just stayed on the ground while the Int was being run back.

THAT looked very bad.

He definitely did not have his Head in the Game - no excuse for that.

(I have no clue if that is in any way related to his being in the Doghouse, though.)

Also...

(Something I want to get off my chest...)

I know Drew was on the sidelines "talking" with Arnold immediately after the Int.

(Some say he was yelling at Arnold.)

I haven't gone back to review that, but I seriously doubt Drew was chewing him out.

VPCajun

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Watch more Saints football. I can think of a half dozen plays off the top of my head, including screen passes and plays on the goal line, where Hill made significant plays with his legs. You couldn't possibly be more wrong with this take.

He doesn't elude tacklers - he might overpower them.

He often gives up yardage there for the taking, but he wants to put on moves that he clearly doesn't possess and often loses yds because of that.

NeutronSaint

Mmmm....Football
Reaction score
Wow, can we nominate this for worst post of the year? Is he an elite tight end? No. But to call him bad? Come on man, what games are you watching? How many big catches has he had for us this season? Some Fans just can’t be happy.

Pocket Hercules

Always Locked In
Reaction score
He doesn't elude tacklers - he might overpower them.

He often gives up yardage there for the taking, but he wants to put on moves that he clearly doesn't possess and often loses yds because of that.
Again, no. He has eluded tacklers. Sometimes beyond what I thought he would be capable of. Not sure how you have missed these plays. Has he made the wrong cuts on occasion and gone east and west when he should have gone north and south? Sure, on more than one occasion. So has Mike Thomas. So has Alvin Kamara. That doesn't mean he should just fall to the turf when approached by a defender. I am always in favor of Saints players doing whatever they can to gain yards. Josh Hill doesn't get open enough, but he's fairly decent with the ball in his hands as a TE. That's why CSP dials up screens for the guy.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
Saints had a great tight end. Unfortunately they dealt him in 2015. Unger has been a godsend. Don't get me wrong. But this team would be better with Graham.
Really? You know at one time this team had Graham and and no Unger. I have to say, the winning percentage says it's been better with Unger and without Graham.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)