Ben Watson is honored to be a Saint (1 Viewer)

saintsfan26

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Newly signed TE Benjamin Watson is honored to be a New Orleans Saint | NOLA.com

"There were a couple of other teams (interested in signing Watson), but the Saints are really the team that came at me the most," Watson said. "They really wanted me to be a part of the organization. When a team wants you to be a part of the organization and the head coach calls you personally and tells you he wants you to be a part of the organization it means a lot.

"And the city of New Orleans is definitely a city that I look forward to being a part of. The people from New Orleans are some of the most gracious and passionate people that I know. The fan base here is second to none. It's really an exciting time for me and my family."

But that's not the only reason Watson, whose wife Kirsten is a Baton Rouge native, signed with the Saints.

It didn't hurt that New Orleans is home to some famous restaurants and world-class cuisine.

"The food here is the best," he said.

Man i'm glad to have this guy. It's an honor to have you in the black & gold Mr. Watson. Who Dat! :9:

He is going to be a great replacement of Thomas. I will miss DT but Watson is definatly an upgrade. Red zone is going to be sick with Jimmy, Colston, And now Watson.

he is honored to have a job and getting paid. he would say that if he played in Vancouver, as any player would

he is honored to have a job and getting paid. he would say that if he played in Vancouver, as any player would

If this was true then he could've chosen one of the other teams who wanted him. But instead he felt honored to become a part of the greatest offense in the history of the NFL in a place that has "the best food and the most gracious and most passionate fans" he has ever known. Yep, he sounds pretty honored to me.

Welcome to NOLA! Stop being negative Gregh.

Must be a miserable life you have. All you do is complain and put players down. Do you have anything good whatsoever to say about anything this organization does? Ever?

The man said he's happy to be a Saint, the team you root for, and that he chose us over other teams because he liked the treatment he got from Payton. What about anything he said comes off to you as disingenuous?

I'll wait for you to either make something up or lend us your interpretation of what he said, because he said nothing that leads any of us to believe that he is anything but happy to be HERE.

Sounds like a class act like the rest of the guys on this team. Great sign Loomis and Co.

You hear everyone of these guys talk about Payton. It's so awesome that coach is back and so energetic. And man, I can't wait to see this team.

I think Payton is completely refreshed and ready to kick ***.

Weak sauce. Terrible example too. Have you ever even been to Vancouver? That city is awesome.

I love this signing. It gives a legit #2 TE and insurance in case we can't pay Graham.

Sounds like the perfect fit. A big vet TE who is well balanced.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom