Ben Watson reconsidering retirement (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score

Unfortunately he probably doesn’t have a spot on the team now with Cook here. Unless the Arnold project ends.

Hmm... My speculation is that with all that Watson's done recently, if he gives us ample notice that he is considering coming back for one more go, he'd concievably have a spot here. Main concern is that we'd need to really know before the draft so we realign what we need/want to come out of there with.

But I do agree that with Cook's arrival, Watson is not going to see the field as much as he might like here, and THAT might be what drives Watson to go elsewhere. I don't think Arnold will have much impact regardless, unless he makes significant improvement and strides during the offseason.

Cooks, Watson, Arnold and one more to be drafted!it leaves a practice squad spot for another one!

i imagine with most highly physically trained people, there is a certain physiological response the body has (some mix of chemicals, psychology, withdrawal, whatever) and starts to override the brain that's all like 'dude chill, let's take it easy'

i mean if combat vets have some huge pull to go back to such hellish experiences, it's not surprising some pro athletes find it hard to call it

He wouldn't be asked to do much with our talent at the position. would be good as he can block which Arnold is not on his level. So if Cook went down we would have a vet that can block and catch.

I think with Cook here and limited playing time is EXACTLY why I think he would love to come back....
....he can stay, be a veteran presence, a solid back up, he can keep his body healthy, and pick up a super bowl ring with the saints this year (not to mention he has seemed very supportive of NOLA and the saints community in his time here).....

I say bring him back!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom