Ben Watson (1 Viewer)

OldSaintFan

USM Golden Eagles
Reaction score
Where was Ben during this game? I didn't hear anything as to why he might be out, unless his wife is delivering. I really like to watch him play.

He's 37 right? Long season and its smart we use him sparingly sometimes. He's by far our best pass catching TE down the field. On the short week I'm glad we didnt use him.

Like that Arnold is getting more work, he's becoming a playmaker.

I really wish Josh Hill would have taken that next step because he is really fast with the ball in his hands. It just seems like he can't consistently get open. What separates him from being like Ertz? He should be a star by now but it just didnt happen.

He wasn't targeted today but I did see him in the game for some plays. Must not have been a good matchup day for him. Today was the Smith and Arnold show.

I think it’s a great strategy - let some of our weapons get forgotten. Remember how people were upset that TQS wasn’t a factor last week? He went crazy today.

I really wish Josh Hill would have taken that next step because he is really fast with the ball in his hands. It just seems like he can't consistently get open. What separates him from being like Ertz? He should be a star by now but it just didnt happen.

I really like Hill. He's becoming a dominant blocker and is more than serviceable as a pass catcher. He wont ever be a great pass catching TE but he's got some balance that I never expected to see out of him.

The offense has a different game plan every week. Some guys will be more important in a game plan some less. This especially evident with a guy like Watson who isn’t key weekly impact player like Kamara or Thomas.

Both guards got the 4th quarter off. I know Warford got dinged but could have come back in. Plus those reps for the back ups are invaluable for a SB run. Good strategy IMO.

I'm not a fan of those deep endzone passes to Hill. I don't think they've worked a single time this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom