Saints Bench Teddy and Play Taysom (1 Viewer)

Spylake

Banned
Reaction score
That situation is Taysom's bread and butter and he was Sean's go to guy all last season. Why not here?

Did the coaching staff develop amnesia? How many times did a Taysom play in a similar situation flip the momentum and light a fire in the offense.

Instead that one play killed what little momentum we had and lost the game.

Consider how the game might have gone if Taysom converted.

Understand I'm not saying it needed to be a QB keep but his presence would have added that extra hesitation on defense that seems to be Taysom's super power.

Payton wasn't prepared for Brees to go down in a season game. He didn't have a plan.

Payton wasn't prepared for Brees to go down in a season game. He didn't have a plan.
There are Taysom/Kamara-specific plays that have been around since last season. No planning required - just had to call it. Not the greatest coaching from SP in this one.

With Brees on the sidelines, I wonder if CSP changes his approach with Taysom. I only say this because Taysom is now our #2 QB while Brees is down (at least for now). I wonder if he'll continue to be that utility guy or will CSP reduce his touches to prevent injury. Just a thought that crossed my mind after Brees left the game.

There are Taysom/Kamara-specific plays that have been around since last season. No planning required - just had to call it. Not the greatest coaching from SP in this one.

I kinda get that if Payton had pulled TB for more that a down or two it would probably ended his usefulness. It's plain he has confidence issues and that would have exacerbated them.

But I have to ask how many dud games does it take to write TB off and either play Taysom or bring in a veteran that can at least reduce the TB mental errors.

Seems only a few want to say it out loud. In point form this is my thinking

• Taysom has outplayed Teddy in every game they shared QB duties.
  • In the two regular season outing with TB under center he was a dud.
  • Taysom has taken productive snaps in regular season games he doesn't seem to have the same miscommunications with the other players that TB does.
  • I may be reading this completely wrong but TB body language, shaking head, downcast eyes when a ball is dropped seems to sap the energy from the team .
  • I don't remember seeing Drew or Taysom signalling disappointment to the other players. Maybe he is just upset with himself but it sure looks to me like it bis directed at the players. In either case I think it works against us.
  • There is a huge energy difference between them. Taysom is always on he feet cheering and welcoming players off the field. TB is always sitting alone; almost like he is disconnected from the game. Yes it is just style but in TB's case it is a bad style.
  • Look me in in the eye and say with a straight face that you are optimistic TB has a chance to get the win in Sea. You can't and maybe Tayson won't either but I would pick hope over hopeless and see.
  • The corollary to "If it ain't broke" goes something like "But when it is ...... " and in the present case it is seriously broken.

Our best chance to win games is with Taysom Hill. I have seen enough of Teddy and Hill to see a clear winner who I have been believing in since day one.

Hill instantly creates a deadly running game with Kamara using the read option. Kamara would torch defenses who have to account for Hill on every play. This could benefit Murray as well. I believe we would turn into a top 5 rushing team in the NFL.

He has shown much improved passing skills from everything I have seen and copying everything Brees does is encouraging. He lit the pre season up using weapons that aren’t on this team anymore.

His elite ability to make plays out of the pocket is 2nd to none where he gives defenses problems.
Put him behind one of the best OLines in football along with some of our elite weapons and watch out!

With Payton putting together a game plan around his skill set I really believe he can get it done at a very high level. Hill has everything he could ask for at his disposal.

Losing Brees is going to hurt but I believe Hill is fully capable of holding the torch and keep the flame burning until Brees makes it back.

As much as I hate Colin Kaepernick and Cam Newton.. I believe Hill can be a very similar player as a mix of those two making plays outside the pocket and how defenses have to play him. I see him being like Tony Romo from inside the pocket and on scrambles to make passes down the field.

And in 3 weeks, the sequel....
Bench Taysom and Play Teddy
Nah. The die is cast on Teddy Bridgewater, the guy has no upside. You roll the dice with Taysom and see what you really have in him, while excepting that you live by the sword and die by the sword. Zero reason to turn back to Bridgewater even if Taysom faceplants.

For better or worse, Bridgewater will be given every opportunity to lead this team. I believe his contract will dictate that due to the amount $ they're paying him. Not saying that I agree but it is what it is.

For better or worse, Bridgewater will be given every opportunity to lead this team. I believe his contract will dictate that due to the amount $ they're paying him. Not saying that I agree but it is what it is.

The money is lost, don't throw the season down the same hole.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom