Benching Beerman for 1 muffed punt? (1 Viewer)

mac504

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Whats up with Payton taking away punt return duties from beerman after 1 muffed punt?Reggie did a good job but still.I thought it was pretty lame.

DITTO!But we are 6-2 what ever Payton does is all right with me!

I thought it was reported that Lewis' legs were a bit tired. ( he was out for beginning of season and all of a sudden he is returning 6 kicks in first 1 1/2 quarters of a game )

It may have more to do with how Payton perceived if Beerman cared or not. On the radio broadcast during the game they said Payton hunted him down after the fumble and lewis said something like, it's no problem coach, I've got it. And Payton then said yes, it's a big problem!

Whats up with Payton taking away punt return duties from beerman after 1 muffed punt?Reggie did a good job but still.I thought it was pretty lame.

I tell ya what it is...It's doing what's best for the team. If the ball doesn't go out of bounds the momentum changes to the Buc's and were sitting at 5-3 and not 6-2.

Face it folks nobody is safe even your fan favorites with this coach.

I tell ya what it is...It's doing what's best for the team. If the ball doesn't go out of bounds the momentum changes to the Buc's and were sitting at 5-3 and not 6-2.

Face it folks nobody is safe even your fan favorites with this coach.

Except for Reggie Bush right?

Who says he was "benched"? I would bet that Payton planned on Bush and Lewis taking turns from the very beginnning. The Muff punt was probably just a good spot to give it back to Reggie.

Kenny W said from the sideline that Coach approached Lewis about the muff, and Lewis said "it'll be alright.....my bad"; Coach said 'no it won't be alright'.

Guess he didn't like the attitude.

I'm as big a Lewis fan as there is but I do think Mike was a little to amped up and trying a little to hard. Pulling him and letting him calm down was probably the best thing.

I think its a non issue. Just normal game adjustment. We will see him back there again next week.

I think it was more about trying to get Reggie involved in the game. Payton wants Reggie to keep confidence in himself. Let's face it, he's done absolutely nothing carrying the ball. It was probably just another way to get the ball in Bush's hands.
If Lewis did indeed say, "It'll be alright. My bad," then it probably did tick Payton off. I still think it was more about getting Reggie involved. And he almost broke it, too!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom