Bengals' Adam Jones charged with 'felony harassment with a bodily substance' (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Previous reporting: Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones will spend the night in jail, officials said, after a judge ordered him to provide a blood sample related to his alleged behavior after being arrested early Tuesday.

Jones, 33, was combative throughout the booking process at the Hamilton County Jail and had to be placed in "a restraint chair," Hamilton County sheriff's spokesman Mike Robison said in a news release.

Robison said when a female nurse, following normal protocol, tried to examine Jones, he “proceeded to spit on her.”

Among the multiple charges Jones faces is a felony charge of harassment with a bodily substance.

Adam Jones released from jail

I broke a man's jaw once because he spit in my face. He was a friend of mine's brother. I never wanted to harm in that manner, but it was a natural reaction for me to swing on him. Spitting on someone is beyond disrespectful. He tried to tell the police I hit him with a hammer. Luckily for me his own brother was my witness to what had happen.

My foul brain did not think of spit when I thought of a bodily substance someone could harass someone with.

You were thinking about that scene in "Silence of the Lambs" weren't you? You were, you old sailor you.

July, 2005: Assault and felony vandalism stemming from a nightclub altercation in Nashville, Tenn. Charges were dropped.
February, 2006: Possession of marijuana, felony count of obstruction and two misdemeanors of obstructing police in Fayetteville, Ga. Jones pleaded no contest to obstructing police and received three years of probation and a $500 fine.
August, 2006: Disorderly conduct and public intoxication in Murfreesboro, Tenn. Charges were dropped on the condition he stayed out trouble for six months.
October, 2006: Misdemeanor assault in Nashville, Tenn. Charge dropped because of inconsistent testimony.
July, 2011: Disorderly conduct and resisting arrest in Cincinnati. He pled guilty to the disorderly charge and placed on probation, but resisting arrest was dismissed.
June, 2013: Assault in Cincinnati. He was found not guilty.

He's just misunderstood, that's all.

instead of reading the article, i'll just ask - how does spit rise to the level of 'weapon'

if someone is a 'sprayer' when they talk, is it negligence if i'm hit by spittle?

instead of reading the article, i'll just ask - how does spit rise to the level of 'weapon'

if someone is a 'sprayer' when they talk, is it negligence if i'm hit by spittle?

Where does the term 'weapon' come into play?

It says he was banging on doors at a hotel and when confronted by hotel security, he got violent with them. Then when police arrived, he had to be physically subdued - and was arrested. Then at the booking, he spit on a nurse. I don't see anything that mentions a weapon, or weaponized spittle. The charge is "harassment with a bodily substance."

but how does that become a felony?

With the prevalence of HIV and Hepititis, along with other blood borne pathogens, those laws are put in there for safety. If PacMan had hepititis or HIV, and had an open wound in his mouth, that action can significantly change a person's life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom