Bengals are 28th in passing defense (1 Viewer)

Saint Tex

Delvin, Bro
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Payton likes a balanced offense between the pass and the run, but he also takes what the defense will give him. The Bengals are 28th in the league in passing defense, and Brees has thrown 300+ yards in three straight games.

I think we might see another game in which Brees finds 10 different receivers. At least there should be a lot of opportunities for Payton and Brees to work on the Bengals' secondary.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/stati...ece of work=def&league=nfl&season=2&year=2006

Thanks for the statistic. I think Colston has another good day. What bengal DB can guard Colston?

Bombs away! If you have starters in your fanstasy league from both of these teams, you should start them. While I believe that Chad and T.J. Houshmansedah(sp) will get their numbers, the Saints will get more in this one: Saints 45, Bengals 42! The game will not be that close though. The Saints will handle them, but the Bengals will score 21 in the fourth qtr to make it interesting.

The Bengals rushing defense is ranked 23rd so it doesn't look like they can stop the pass or the run. Could be a well balanced gameplan. If we control the ball on the ground it'll keep their offense off the field.

Bengels can't stop this, can't stop that. Thats the perfect makings for a trap game, I have enough faith in Payton that he won't be lookin' at it that way

Last edited:
Keep in mind they have some guys out hurt. That will make the play of their defence even less impressive.

Keep in mind they have some guys out hurt. That will make the play of their defence even less impressive.

it can work both wasy, a second string guy gets the nod and steps up to make big plays. this is his chance to shine, some do...some don't

remember last week when everyone thought we would beat the Steelers? This team has the weapons to win. Their defense can step up. I, for one, do not want to see a double digit scoring spree. Like 30+ points per team. If our defense can show up and hold them to a reasonable score I think we can win this game. This is by no means a cake walk.

Won't mean a lick if they have 2nd stringers in, if we can't hang on to the ball and put Cincy's offense on the field....-8 just isn't good!

I know Payton probably stressed ball security even more.

Geuax Saints!!

We should be able to move on their defense, there really isn't a question on that. The trick is HOLDING ON to the ball! Fix the turnovers and we are at least 8-1, not 6-3. Take care of the ball, boys, and run the score WAY UP on the Bungles, please!

Bengels can't stop this, can't stop that. Thats the perfect makings for a trap game, I have enough faith in Payton that he won't be lookin' at it that way

Exactly...

You know, for a long time I'd never looked closely at your sig. I was like "Why does that piece of bread have mold and what looks like maple spread on it?" But I know now that it's a semi-topographic image of Pennsylvania.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom