Bengals send picks to Jets for Robertson (merged) (1 Viewer)

Don't act as if that has never hapened... remember trading up (thinking we were going to take Derrick Johnson)..... then picking Jamal Brown.... remember drafting Deuce (thinking we were going to take Wille Middlebrooks) even though we already had Ricky.... remember drafting Stallworth (thinking we were going to take Phillip Buchanon).... remember drafting Will Smith (thinking we were going to take anything that resembled a LB) even though we had Darren Howard???

All of those turned out well for us. You neglected to mentioned trading up for Jonathan Sullivan even though we all wanted Marcus Trufant.

Don't act as if that has never hapened... remember trading up (thinking we were going to take Derrick Johnson)..... then picking Jamal Brown.... remember drafting Deuce (thinking we were going to take Wille Middlebrooks) even though we already had Ricky.... remember drafting Stallworth (thinking we were going to take Phillip Buchanon).... remember drafting Will Smith (thinking we were going to take anything that resembled a LB) even though we had Darren Howard???

Yes to everything except Stallworth; I thought we were going to take Haynesworth.

Also, remember when we drafted Sullivan thinking we were going to take someone that doesn't suck?

All of those turned out well for us. You neglected to mentioned trading up for Jonathan Sullivan even though we all wanted Marcus Trufant.

I was going for buzzkill... not sledge hammer to the groin.

Rumors that they're switching to a 3-4 so no i'm not sure but neither can you be ;)

i'm gonna have to disagree....Why trade for a DT that did not fit in a 3-4 to play in your 3-4?

KC, ATL, and the Rams...I'm not sure what they need but hopefully KC tries to fix the OL and ATL goes QB...

Did some checking. The Rams have La'Roi Glover, Claude Wroten, and Adam Carriker listed as DT's. Wroten and Carriker are young and Carriker could move to end but they have Leonard Little, Victor Adeyanju, James Hall and Eric Moore already at DE.

KC Drafted DT Tank Tyler (2nd round) and DT Turk McBride (3rd round) last year. But without them they're naked. Ron Edwards and Alphonso Boone round out that position for them.

The Falcons have Jonathan Babineaux and Montavious Stanley along with Tim Anderson and Trey Lewis. Could use an upgrade but it would be hard to imagine them not taking Matt Ryan, unless he's gone already.

Based on need, it looks like the only teams in the top 9 that could possibly take a DT are Kansas City and Atlanta. Someone said the Raiders but the Raiders have Gerard Warren, Tommy Kelly, & Tyler Brayton listed at DT.

But like you said, some teams might be looking at BPA and that could lessen our chances of landing Dorsey or Ellis

Did some checking. The Rams have La'Roi Glover, Claude Wroten, and Adam Carriker listed as DT's. Wroten and Carriker are young and Carriker could move to end but they have Leonard Little, Victor Adeyanju, James Hall and Eric Moore already at DE.

KC Drafted DT Tank Tyler (2nd round) and DT Turk McBride (3rd round) last year. But without them they're naked. Ron Edwards and Alphonso Boone round out that position for them.

The Falcons have Jonathan Babineaux and Montavious Stanley along with Tim Anderson and Trey Lewis. Could use an upgrade but it would be hard to imagine them not taking Matt Ryan, unless he's gone already.

Based on need, it looks like the only teams in the top 9 that could possibly take a DT are Kansas City and Atlanta. Someone said the Raiders but the Raiders have Gerard Warren, Tommy Kelly, & Tyler Brayton listed at DT.

But like you said, some teams might be looking at BPA and that could lessen our chances of landing Dorsey or Ellis

kc will go ot. their oline is the pitts. they lost will shields and roaf

Keeps looking more and more that way.... I bet Dorsey falls to #10... and in typical Saints fashion... we'll take a WR, RB, DE, or OT instead of him.

Really Infoman???? My memory is different than yours. I remember the Saints have gone for players that have slipped and were greater value than picking a player that "was a need" position. Does Duece and Will Smith ring a bell????????

If that is true what does that mean about the rumors that they are going to a 3-4

if they are switching to 3-4, this trade doesnt make sense then. robertson played in a 3-4 with the jets and many said that he doesnt fit there system. thats why they traded for jenkins. this trade makes it seem they want to stay 4-3, which is horrible for us.

This seems to affirm that they are going to stay as a 4-3 and maybe that was their intention all along figuring Dorsey or Ellis would fall to 9. Possibly the Bengals were uneasy having to plan around one falling knowing they may not fall or a team might trade up if they knew that they had interest. I still think the Bengals are a real threat to take Dorsey or Ellis if they fall because they will now most definitely fit their scheme.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom