Bengals send picks to Jets for Robertson (merged) (1 Viewer)

The Jets are stockpiling draft picks.

I will continue to say that either Dorsey or Ellis or both will be there at #10. My hope is that with teams signing linebakers in FA, that pushes Keith Rivers out of the first round for us to trade up and snatch. Buffalo got Mitchell. There are some teams toward the lower end of the first round that could take him. Philly could even jump in and take him although they may turn their attention now toward addressing the offensive line. I will be releasing a new mock with trades in the next day or so.

With this being a copy cat league, I just can not see Ellis and Dorsey falling all the way to 10. Someone will trade up to snatch one of them before that happens.

Regardless of us signing Randall Gay, we still need another corner and I think cornerback will be the best pick available at 10. I am actually hoping New England grabs either Jenkins on McKelvin so that the odds go up that we draft Cromartie. I just have a feeling with this kid; He has the look of a special player.

This is absolutely huge. I'm getting quite excited about the draft...

What would you do if one of them (Ellis or Dorsey) falls to 10 and we get someone else?

I think the Saints are setting themselves up to draft a DT they are signing people all around the position but have not made any of the deals to get the DTs that are moving teams.

we all need to push for the FO to pick CB or RB. Then when the FO hears about what we want they will go aginst us and pick DT or LB!!! yall know we don't know anything about picking players in the draft, So at least we can help them out in this way!!

This is good news all around for us.

Besides what has been discussed about the possibilities of a defensive tackle falling to us, there is another angle to look at.

This is the fourth trade of defensive tackle so far. Teams have prefered to give away 2 draft picks or a first day pick instead of considering to sign free agent Rod Coleman.

This has to lower the value of his contract. I am not sure if he will last until draft day, but if the tackles are gone, an interesting possibility to sign for depth.

Trading for Robertson does not mean that Cincy won't draft one of the DT's at 9. It's not like Robertson was all-world before the Jets switched to the 3-4. I think it's time some of you start to accept the fact that most teams draft BPA, and both Ellis and Dorsey are in the top 7 or 8 players in this year's draft. For the Saints to land one of them, they are going to have to trade up.

Trading for Robertson does not mean that Cincy won't draft one of the DT's at 9. It's not like Robertson was all-world before the Jets switched to the 3-4. I think it's time some of you start to accept the fact that most teams draft BPA, and both Ellis and Dorsey are in the top 7 or 8 players in this year's draft. For the Saints to land one of them, they are going to have to trade up.

Don't forget they also traded for Shaun Rodgers. I don't think they are going DT but DE is almost a sure lock with the departure of Justin Smith.

Edit: Just saw that the trade for Rodgers might fall through. Let's hope it doesn't!

Last edited:
This is absolutely huge. I'm getting quite excited about the draft...

Almost excited as you were for FA....? :covri:

Sign two FAs and then draft two people with the first two picks and I'm happy. I just won't mention who I want becaue if I do, it won't happen. :hihi:

I think the recent DT acquisitions make things more likely for one of them to fall to us. But its far from a lock. I have them going to STL and KC right now and neither of them have picked up a DT. There are also going to be trades in the top 10. You can count on it.

I am not sure what this trade means, and if anybody is checking the Bengals forums, perhaps he can enlighten.

Robertson is a 4-3 tackle, which means the Bengals are not going to a 3-4 as their base defense and would not necessarily pass on a DT in the first round. However, they have lost Justin Smith and need a DE. There was talk of Derrick Harvey, though he ran an average 40 time at the combine. With a great workout, Harvey could go at 9 to the Bengals.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom