Benjamin Watson facing a 4 game suspension (1 Viewer)

Well, he probably didn't care, or think much of it, since he was retired.

Yes but he said he forgot, sorry I don’t buy that but whatever. Just my opinion

And the reference about his character, everyone lies and people think they know people.

Does the NFL have a tighter policy than the general public?

I mean would doctor would prescribe something to the general public, that he coudln't prescribe to an NFL player because of their policy?

If thats the case, I can kind of see the NFL's point, because if they allowed certain medications, then they would be abused. Maybe there should be some leeway though in case of injury, though it would require t a player to sit out a certain # of games after taking the medication.

Does the NFL have a tighter policy than the general public?

I mean would doctor would prescribe something to the general public, that he coudln't prescribe to an NFL player because of their policy?

If thats the case, I can kind of see the NFL's point, because if they allowed certain medications, then they would be abused. Maybe there should be some leeway though in case of injury, though it would require t a player to sit out a certain # of games after taking the medication.

Absolutely.

Sudafed is on the banned substances list. Because it is a "stimulant".

I'm curious, do doctors really prescribe anabolic steroids for healing?
Depends. If you have bloodwork done and your t levels are low, and you have the symptoms of low t, a doctor can prescribe test to assist with getting your free t/total t in a "normal" male range. Men who have hypogonadism or pituitary gland issues do not produce adequate test naturally, hence the need for exogenous test administration.

Having a normal range will assist with things like low libido, loss of energy, inability to think clearly, some fat loss, and possibly minor strength/performance/healing benefit (debatable at low dosage). The dosages are often therapeutic in nature meaning that they're well below what some would take to truly enhance sports performance (100-200 mg a week vs. 400-500 a week for athletes). Test replacement therapy is mainly used to restore quality of life- not give someone an edge in sports. With TRT, docs will treat you weekly in most cases, and do bloodwork every 3-6 months to test your hormone levels (test, free t, estradiol, etc.) to see where your range may be and adjust accordingly. If too low, doc will increase dosage slightly, if on high-side, they'll decrease. The goal is to find your sweet spot which is free t right in the middle of the normal range and estradiol on the lower side.

In Watson's case, he was probably going to a doc for TRT as his levels are declining at his age (and he could have other conditions that will lead to low test production) and having TRT could give him a better quality of life. Docs do not typically prescribe large dosages for a healthy male like Watson, but under current NFL rules, if exogenous test is found, even in small amounts- it will lead to a suspension. Test Cyp is an artificial hormone so trace amounts would be detectable in a drug test.

I’ve had steroids prescribed to me to heal my skin after severe poison ivy bouts.
That is not the same type of steroid. That would be a corticosteroid. Watson was prescribed an anabolic steroid.

Last edited:
Vegas bets and moneys spent on betting are all based on the "normal" human condition and its limits. If people are allowed to take these enhancement drugs then all bets are off, literally, because you can move beyond the known human-range of motion. Scores, win-loss totals, points, outcomes are all tainted.

Last edited:
Anyone find it weird that he was retired from the NFL, but still had to perform a drug screen, to which he complied?

Anyone find it weird that he was retired from the NFL, but still had to perform a drug screen, to which he complied?
He had not filed his official retirement papers yet even though his intention was to retire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom