Bennett has a lot going on (1 Viewer)

kooldak

Retired
Administrator
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
nf_so.jpg

He's fast on his feet, and will also have to be a fast learner in order to be ready to go Sunday

By TOM BALOG/HeraldTribune

TAMPA -- All that Jon Gruden and Art Valero can hope is that running back Michael Bennett's learning curve of the Buccaneers' West Coast offense does not get him as lost as he was Tuesday, navigating the five miles from Tampa International Airport to One Buccaneer Place, where he also had trouble finding his way around the team's new training facility.

It's not been a fast start in a new city for the seven-year veteran the team hopes to have in uniform and lining up in the backfield Sunday against the Lions in Detroit.

"I missed the loop," Bennett said. "I'm still on pins and needles, a little bit nervous. I don't know who to talk to, I don't know where to go. I got lost this morning. Once I find my way around and get to know everybody I think I'll have a lot of fun."

Bennett, 29, was acquired from the Kansas City Chiefs for conditional 2008 and 2009 draft choices, to help bolster the Buccaneers' injury-depleted running attack, which is missing Carnell Williams and Michael Pittman.

"Now what we have to do is make this work," Gruden said.

Full Story - By TOM BALOG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom