Bennie Fowler: "One Shot" to seize role with Saints (1 Viewer)

I know it's super early but based on reports and the film I've seen of Benny so far in camp, I'd be very careful letting him go once it's time to cut the roster down to the final 53.

The separation and cuts on his routes have been very impressive. Not to mention he is a high IQ player. He looks like he could be a legit chain mover in this offensive system.

I predict that our WR group will look vastly different than it did last season. Several of those guys will not make the active roster. Im going to say the returning guys will be Michael Thomas, Tre’Quan Smith (barely making it) and Deonte Harris.

I know it's super early but based on reports and the film I've seen of Benny so far in camp, I'd be very careful letting him go once it's time to cut the roster down to the final 53.

The separation and cuts on his routes have been very impressive. Not to mention he is a high IQ player. He looks like he could be a legit chain mover in this offensive system.
I may be way off on this, but the little I’ve seen of him so far, he reminds me of Joe Horn.

If only we had saints smilies like this
MTSmoke.png
7510af2f40eb3cdc29c92e1e2ca86ea0.png
paytontroll.png

Perfect WOAH reaction face.

Our supporting WRs last year and for the last few years have just been awful at separating. It looks like we've made a commitment to this. We would have last year but San Fran beat us out for Sanders.

Honestly this makes what MT did and has done so far in his career so impressive. He is getting doubled and tripled because the defense knows they can take away the other WRs with one man. Every crisp route runner who can get himself open without play design takes a little bit more pressure off MT. He may catch less passes, but I think we see his YPC jump a bit this year.

All the receivers after MT and Sanders are going to benefit greatly by drawing poor defenders. Most teams don't have 3 or 4 good cover guys

Been wanting us to sign this guy since last year. Thomas, Sanders, Fowler, Smith, Harris would give is the best WR group we’ve had in years.
Might be best ever. Sanders MT alone are better than Colston,Meachum,Henderson, Moore and better than Cook,Colston and Snead

I may be way off on this, but the little I’ve seen of him so far, he reminds me of Joe Horn.
If you look at there age, height, weight and career stats before joining the Saints they are the same. Crazy similar

What's exciting is that we have 3 guys in Thomas, Sanders, and Cook who can all be a big-play threat every single down. Who are defenses going to double?.. because they are going to pay. This isn't even counting Kamara, Taysom, and Harris. As for the rest of the WR group/depth, if they ever want to see the ball, they are going to have to step their game up. Brees has 3 big targets that he should all feel very safe and comfortable throwing to, plus Kamara in case he needs to dump it off. This offense may be nearly unstoppable this year, but I know I shouldn't get my hopes up too much.

Might be best ever. Sanders MT alone are better than Colston,Meachum,Henderson, Moore and better than Cook,Colston and Snead

don't get carried away

Colston, Meachum, Henderson, and Moore were near perfect as a group....their skill sets complimented each other so well. Look at what our offense accomplished with them

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom