Benson Capital Partners closes first fund with outside investors; $50+ million raised (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1602809017920.png

NewOrleansSaints.com

In 2019, Gayle Benson launched Benson Capital Partners, LLC, her personally owned, for-profit entity to facilitate and jump-start new business formation, workforce expansion, and wealth creation in New Orleans and across the Gulf South.

Today, Benson Capital Partners announces the initial closing of Benson Capital Fund I, LP with more than $50 million raised, representing the largest venture capital fund ever created in this region. Joining Gayle Benson in Fund I are other successful entrepreneurs and executives with strong ties to New Orleans and the Gulf Coast as well as corporate leaders that include Entergy Corporation, Raising Cane's, and others. Jones Walker, LLP served as fund formation counsel to Fund I.

"My late husband Tom was an entrepreneur. He built his business and his legacy from the ground floor, and, with a focused vision, believed strongly in stimulating our local economy, creating new businesses, and rehabilitating old ones back into commerce," said Benson. "While there remains limited investment capital in the Gulf South, we felt it was important that we try to fill that troublesome gap and support the next generation of great entrepreneurs. It is important that we continue to be a catalyst promoting economic development for our region. This is just the first step." ...

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom