Benson (resigns from league committees) reported by P King's MMQB (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
7. I think it didn't get noticed at the league meeting, but it should: Saints owner Tom Benson gave a short valedictory address of sorts to the league's Finance Committee members, resigning after more than two decades on the important league committee. He also left two other league committees, the Audit Committee and Compensation Committee. I'm told it has nothing to do with any bitterness over the bounty penalties. It was simply time. At 85, he doesn't want to take time with NFL committee business.

Read More: Carson Palmer to Arizona Cardinals, Matt Flynn to Oakland Raiders moves make sense, but they're not guaranteed fixes - NFL - Peter King - SI.com

Thread title is seriously misleading.

Not a surprise. He had been moving many of those responsibilities to Rita Benson Leblanc prior to this year anyways, with her representing him at times. Until the mysterious benching of her last year.

Thank you Mr. Benson, for making the Saints respectable and contenders every year....enjoy yourself and your family. It seems it is time to turn the reins over to someone else. I'm sure you will choose wisely.

Anyone still have the poster (or a photo) of Benson's "We're workin' to win in New Orleans," which was distributed after he bought the team?

Rita worries me. Her heart will always be in Texas.

Rita worries me. Her heart will always be in Texas.

I don't know about the heart in Texas part, but I worry about her being able to get along with this successful front office. The rumblings we heard last year were concerning.

Another April fools?

Listen if anything big was gonna happen do you think they'd release the info on April Fool's day?

Please edit the title to include what he resigned from.

I think this basically says the 2013 season may be Mr Benson's swan song as an active Owner in the League. Hopefully Rita Benson, will continue in her fathers footsteps...hopefully...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom